RECIPE IDEA: PICKLE WRAPS
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop, talking about a family favorite, Pickle Wraps. With the holidays almost here, I thought I’d get started on putting up some of our family favorites. Whenever we have a family gathering, we generally have Pickle Wraps. They are easy—but messy—to make, delicious and pretty on the plate.
I have been making these Pickle Wraps since the 1980s and people still love them when I bring them to a party. The combination of the tangy pickle with the smooth cream cheese and touch of meat is almost addictive. It’s important to use Claussen Dill Pickles (found in the dairy case) because they are crisp, crunchy and tangy. They really are the best dill pickle out there.
The cream cheese bumps up the calories and fat, but if you don’t eat too many, you can stay on your diet. Don’t worry. They will be gone in no time and you will only get a couple of them!
Read on for recipe and nutrition…
- 1 Jar of Claussen Dill Pickles (found in the dairy case)
- 1 8-ounce package of Neuchatel Cheese
- 1 package of ham or corned beef extra-thin slices (found in the processed meats section)
- Drain and dry the pickles.
- Split the cream cheese so you have about the same amount for each pickle.
- With your hands, squish the cream cheese around the pickles.
- Wrap a slice of meat around each pickle.
- Cut pickles into ½" rounds and place the pickles on a pretty plate to serve. I find that an electric knife works best for this.