Simple, simple, simple. This Slow Cooker Corned Beef Cabbage takes about 15 minutes active time and then 8-9 hours in the slow cooker. Throw it in before work and come home to a fabulous meal that is moist, delicious and to-die-for.
Slow Cooker Corned Beef Cabbage So Moist
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen, talking about Slow Cooker Corned Beef Cabbage Dinner that we had for our St. Patrick’s Day meal. There’s no need to be intimidated by Slow Cooker Corned Beef. Peel the vegetables (or not), sauté the onions and carrots (or not), toss the veggies in the Crockpot and the corned beef brisket on top, cover with water and spices, and cook for 8-9 hours. There’s only one little part of the recipe that needs to be done later—the cabbage. Or it gets too soggy. But it’s easy to solve that problem. Check it out in the recipe.
You’ll need a slow cooker for this recipe. There are lots of different models. I have a simple one that I got years ago and it still works just fine. If you pick up a used one, be sure to check it out to make sure it doesn’t have a short in it. You don’t want to end up like This Is Us.
I know you’re gonna wanna eat this. I do.
Slow Cooker Corned Beef & Cabbage Recipe
Slow Cooker Corned Beef Cabbage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium onions peeled and sliced
- 12 baby carrots
- 12 very small red potatoes washed
- 6 ribs of celery cut in 2 inch pieces (optional)
- 4 pounds corned beef brisket
- 3 bay leaves
- Juices and spice sack from the corned beef
- 4-6 cups of water
- 1 head of cabbage cut in small chunks
- Heat the oil in a medium skillet.
- When the oil is hot, sauté the onions until almost transparent. Transfer the onions to your 6-quart slow cooker.
- Return the skillet to the stovetop and cook the carrots until they start to brown slightly.
- Dump them into the slow cooker.
- Place the corned beef in the skillet and brown it just a bit on both sides to seal in the juices.
- Add the potatoes and the celery, if using, to the slow cooker.
- Place the corned beef brisket on top of the vegetables.
Cover the vegetables and meat with water (about 4 cups)
- Add the bay leaves, pickling spices and juices to the slow cooker.
Cook on low for 7-8 hours.
Add the cabbage to the pot about an hour before you wish to eat (or my preference is to steam it separately for about 20 minutes).
Continue cooking on low for about 1 hour.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon – Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.
Slow Cooker Corned Beef & Cabbage Dinner Nutrition
You May Also Like These Recipe Idea Shop Recipes
- Baked Corned Beef Dinner
- Moist Corned Beef and Cabbage
- Classic Corned Beef Reuben
- Haloumi Gluten Free Corned Beef Reuben Sandwich
- Portabella Reuben Sandwich with Homemade Russian Dressing
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
BEFORE YOU GO, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?