Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes, made with tangy buttermilk and subtle gorgonzola blue cheese, are deliciously different than plain ole mashed potatoes. Easy recipe.
Gorgonzola Mashed Potatoes need no extra topping.
Blue Cheese + Mashed Potatoes? Yum! They are rich and creamy on their own. That's because gorgonzola blue cheese, buttermilk and scallions are such a scrumptious addition to mashed potatoes. Are you a blue cheese lover? I'm usually not. But Gorgonzola is a mild blue cheese that I think is delicious.
Be careful how much you eat of these potatoes, however. They are very high in fat. I seldom avoid foods because they are high in fat; I simply eat a smaller amount. The serving size for this recipe is just ½ cup.
I found a similar recipe on several sites and modeled my recipe after the one I found on FoodieCrush.com. Check out the other recipes there. They look terrific.
What You Need
For this recipe, you need a potato peeler or knife, pan for boiling potatoes, electric mixer, measuring cups and spoons. Save yourself some headaches and buy the best you can afford. You'll never be sorry you have wonderful kitchen equipment.
Don bought some Zwilling ceramic pans for us and they are wonderful. I highly recommend them.
Gorgonzola Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Blue Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- 2 ½ pounds russet potatoes (peeled and cut into chunks)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup cumbled Gorgonzola blue cheese
- 2 scallions (white & tender green parts only, sliced)
- ¼ teaspoon salt (or more, to taste)
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper (or more, to taste)
- Peel and cut the potatoes into 2" or so sized pieces.
- Rinse the potatoes, cover them with water and bring the water to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking the potatoes until they are fork tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Using a collander, srain the water from the potatoes.
- Add the butter, buttermilk, most of the blue cheese (reserve a bit for garnish), scallions, salt, and pepper and whip the potatoes using an electric mixer until the potatoes are smooth and creamy.
- Garnish with the remaining blue cheese and serve hot.
Recipe Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!