This Cornbread (Flourless and Gluten Free) is moist and flaky, with whole kernel corn throughout. If I didn't tell you, you would never know this recipe is gluten free.
Cornbread Flourless, Ready in 30 Minutes
This flourless cornbread is super easy to make. Turn on the oven. Heat the cast iron pan with some canola oil coating it in the oven. Using two mixing bowls, one for dry ingredients and one for wet, mix the dry ingredients in the bigger bowl. Mix the wet ingredients in the smaller bowl. Melt the butter and add it to the wet ingredients. Whisk. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry. Pour it in the hot skillet and bake for 20 minutes. Not much more to it than that. You're welcome.
What You Need
For best results, use a 10" Cast Iron Skillet. You'll also need mixing bowls, measuring cups and spoons and a wire whisk. Cook at home and don't skimp on your tools. Buy the best kitchen tools you can afford.
Cornbread Flourless Recipe
- 2 tablespoons canola in the skillet
- 2 cups coarsely ground cornmeal
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ⅓ cup milk
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 15- ounce can of corn drained or 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- Heat the oven to 400°F.
- Pour the canola oil into a 10" cast iron skillet, and coat the inside bottom and sides of the skillet evenly.
- Place the skillet in the oven and heat it as the oven preheats.
- Mix the dry ingredients (cornmeal, sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda) together with whisk.
- Whisk the wet ingredients (milk, eggs) together in separate bowl.
- Melt the butter and pour it into the wet ingredients.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry, and mix until all is wet. There may be small lumps, and that's okay.
- Add 1 cup whole kernel corn, and mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the hot skillet.
- Bake the cornbread in the oven for 20 minutes until the top is nicely browned, the sides are pulled away just a bit, and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Serve warm with butter and/or honey.
Recipe Nutrition Information
This recipe is GF, NF, SF, V*
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
You May Like These Recipes & Posts From Recipe Idea Shop
- Gluten Free Cornbread
- Cornbread (Traditional)
- Jalapeño Corn Bread
- Corn and Quinoa Cornbread
- Amazing Gluten Free French Bread
- Gluten Free Dairy Free White Bread
- Dillie Bread
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes and posts, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
GF = Gluten free | DF = Dairy free | NF = Nut free | SF = Soy free | EF = Egg free | CF = Corn free | V = Vegetarian | VG = Vegan
Note: If you have serious allergies or sensitivities, to be considered free of these allergens, you need to use products specifically marked "gluten free," etc. There can be cross-contamination in facilities.
Last Updated on August 31, 2022 by Adriana