Recipe Idea: Almond Pound Cake with Fruit Compote and Whipped Cream
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop. Did you know that March 1st is Fruit Compote Day? Well, it is! So here’s an easy recipe for Fruit Compote, served with Whipped Cream over Almond Pound Cake.
Don and I went to the Harrisonburg Farmer’s Market one Saturday and a Mennonite vendor was selling delicious mini pound cakes. It sounded perfect for our dinner so we bought an Almond Pound Cake. The Fruit Compote is almost that easy, too.
Read on for recipe and nutrition…
Here are some of my favorite beautiful dishes:
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 mango, peeled, seeded and cut in small pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons Creme de Cacao (chocolate liqueur)
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- A dollop of whipped cream
- 2 slices of almond pound cake (or any flavor)
- Mix the liqueur, powdered sugar and orange juice together until blended.
- Toss all the fruit together.
- Pour the Creme de Cacao mixture over the fruit and mix to cover.
- Spoon the fruit over the pound cake and top with a dollop of whipped cream. Yum![br][url href=”https://recipeideashop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/RIS_LOGO-2-sml.png”][img src=”https://recipeideashop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/RIS_LOGO-2-sml.png” width=”252″ height=”53″ class=”alignleft size-full” title=”Recipe Idea Shop logo” alt=”RIS logo”][/url]