Homemade Guacamole. Simple. Simple. Simple. Seven ingredients and so amazing. September 16 is National Guacamole Day.
Homemade Guacamole is packed with flavor and goodness.
This dip is yummy anytime. Eat it with chips, on sandwiches, or alone. It takes me less than 20 minutes to make Guacamole. If you don’t eat it all, you can keep it a day or two in the refrigerator. If you put the seed in the middle of the bowl, it slows the oxidation process and it won’t get brown so easily. Cover with plastic wrap. putting the wrap directly on top of the dip, to store. But, really. You’re going to eat it all, aren’t you?
You don’t have to cook anything. Cut, mix, eat. Simple. I love it. And I always get compliments on this guacamole dip when I serve it to friends.
What You Need
For this recipe, I use a knife, cutting board small food processor, measuring spoons. My mini Cuisinart food processor works great for making Guacamole. I have one like this in white.
Homemade Guacamole Recipe
Creamy and somewhat spicy. Such delicious Guacamole.
- 1 small onion
- 1 medium avocado (soft & ripe, but not over ripe)
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno pepper bits (canned)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander (or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium tomato diced
- Use a small food processor to make the dip. Put the onion in the machine and chop it very fine.
- Peel the avocado and remove seed.
Add the avocado meat to the onion and blend until smooth.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except for the tomato and blend again until smooth.
- Remove the dip from the food processor and put it in a serving bowl.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stir gently to blend.
- Place the seed of the avocado in dip and cover with dip. This prevents the dip from getting brown.
- Serve with corn chips or taco chips.
Affiliate Disclaimer: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon — Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Recipe Nutrition Label
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Tomatillo Guacamole
- Shrimp with Cream Cheese Appetizer
- Crab Roll Ups
- Authentic Middle Eastern Hummus
- Deviled Eggs
- Coconut Shrimp
- Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
- Grandma’s No Cook Refrigerator Pickles
- Risotto Stuffed Peppers