Homemade Guacamole. Simple. Simple. Simple. Seven ingredients and so amazing. Cinco de Mayo will be here sooner than you think.
Homemade Guacamole is packed with flavor and goodness.
This Homemade Guacamole is yummy anytime. Eat it with chips, on sandwiches or toast, or alone. It takes me less than 20 minutes to make this dip. If you don't eat it all, you can keep it a day or two in the refrigerator. If you put the seed in the middle of the bowl, it slows the oxidation process and it won't get brown so easily. To store, cover with plastic wrap. putting the wrap directly on top of the dip. But, really. You're going to eat it all, aren't you?
You don't have to cook anything. Cut, mix, eat. Simple. I love it. And I always get compliments on this guacamole dip when I serve it to friends. Did you know September 16 is National Guacamole Day?
What You Need
For this recipe, I use a knife, cutting board small food processor, measuring spoons. My mini Cuisinart food processor works great for making Guacamole. I have one like this in white.
Homemade Guacamole Recipe
- 1 small onion
- 1 medium avocado soft & ripe, but not over ripe
- 1 teaspoon chopped jalapeno pepper bits canned
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 medium tomato diced
- Use a small food processor to make the dip. Put the onion in the machine and chop it very fine.
- Peel the avocado and remove seed.
- Add the avocado meat to the onion and blend until smooth.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except for the tomato and blend again until smooth.
- Remove the dip from the food processor and put it in a serving bowl.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stir gently to blend.
- Place the seed of the avocado in dip and cover with dip, placing the plastic right against the dip. This prevents the dip from getting brown.
- Serve with corn chips or taco chips.
Recipe Nutrition Information
This recipe is GF, DF, NF, SF, EF, CF (use sea salt), V, VG*
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
You May Like These Posts From Recipe Idea Shop
- Tomatillo Guacamole
- Authentic Middle Eastern Hummus
- Deviled Eggs
- Grandma’s No Cook Refrigerator Pickles
- Risotto Stuffed Peppers
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes and posts, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
GF = Gluten free | DF = Dairy free | NF = Nut free | SF = Soy free | EF = Egg free | CF = Corn free | V = Vegetarian | VG = Vegan
Note: If you have serious allergies or sensitivities, to be considered free of these allergens, you need to use products specifically marked "gluten free," etc. There can be cross-contamination in facilities.
This recipe was originally posted on Recipe Idea Shop August 13, 2015 and updated March 15, 2021.