Recipe Idea: Marinated London Broil Steak
Don here. We have a new grill. After 12 years and 3 rebuilds, I thought it was time for a new grill. So I began studying the current gas grill technology and settled on a CharBroil Red, three burner model. It’s an infrared grill, which means the food is not exposed to the flame so, in theory, the food retains more of the natural juices. And it cooks hotter so the outside sears quickly locking in those delicious juices.
Being supportive of our local farming community we bought locally grown, grass fed beef this year. Lois found a London broil cut in the freezer and we decided to try it as the first beef cooked on the new grill. I’m delighted with the purchase and the results of our first steak on the grill. I’ll use an instant read thermometer until I get used to cooking on the infrared grill. Food cooks faster.
- 10 to 13 oz London broil cut steak
- Salt, Pepper,
- 2 Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup Olive oil
- If frozen, thaw the London broil in the refrigerator overnight.
- In the morning place the steak in a dish and add the marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate until near supper time.
- Let the meat come to room temperature before grilling.
- Cook the meat until done to your liking. We cook it about 7 minutes a side.
- Remove from the heat and let it stand for a few minutes; then slice it across the grain and serve with a starch and vegetables.[br][url href=”https://recipeideashop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/RIS_LOGO-22-e1436274250987.jpg”][img src=”https://recipeideashop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/RIS_LOGO-22-e1436274250987.jpg” width=”300″ height=”62″ class=”alignleft size-full” title=”RIS_LOGO-2″][/url]