Puppy Chow Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies are so easy to make, kids can do it. They are tasty and make a great appetizer or party food.
When they were young, my kids loved these little Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies. They called it “puppy chow” because it resembles dog kibble. It is so simple to make, too. You might have to help the little ones melt the chocolate mixture, but they can certainly mix it up and add the powdered sugar.
The original recipe called for Nestle Real Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels, but I prefer dark chocolate so I used Nestle Toll House Dark Chocolate Morsels. SO good! Not only are these cookies absolutely yummy, but they are also gluten free. And they make a good gift, wrapped up in a little cellophane bag, tied with a ribbon. Or serve it as a snack in a pretty bowl at a party. Definitely a winner.
I believe the recipe originally came from a teacher at one of the kids’ schools.
What You Need
For this recipe, you need measuring cups, a microwaveable bowl, a big mixing bowl, a spoon or spatula to mix it, and some good coffee to offset all the sugar.
Puppy Chow Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
Puppy Chow Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies (Gluten Free)
Chocolate, peanut butter and powdered sugar - how can you beat that?
- 1 stick butter (8 tablespoons)
- 12 ounces Nestle Toll House Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 12-ounce box of Rice Chex or Crispix
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Melt the butter, chocolate chips and peanut butter together until smooth. You can do this in the microwave if you watch it closely.
- Dump the cereal into a large bowl.
- Pour the chocolate mixture over the cereal and mix to coat.
- Sprinkle the powdered sugar over the coated cereal, a little at a time, mixing as you go.
- Lay the cookies out on wax paper until cooled and well set.
- Store in an airtight container.
Affiliate Disclosure: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account.
Recipe Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. Up your recipe repertoire. Add this recipe to your collection. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook and a printable grocery shopping list.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Balls
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Coconut Kisses
- Sadie’s Brown Sugar Sugar Cookies
- Holiday Spritz Cookies