Recipe Idea: Knorr’s Spinach Dip
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you how to make Knorr’s Spinach Dip. It’s getting to be that time of year when the celebrations and parties take place.
This is an easy-to-make dip that I have been making since the early 1980s. I get a craving for it every once in a while. It’s terrific to take to a party. Everyone loves it and it looks beautiful and elegant on a buffet table. The original Knorr’s Spinach Dip recipe comes from the back of the Knorr’s Vegetable Soup package. I don’t think I make any changes to it. It’s just one of those dips you should learn how to make.
Give it a try! People will think you worked so hard to make it, and they will be impressed.
Read on for recipe and nutrition…
- 1 package [url href=”https://amzn.to/1I8ThHT” target=”_blank”]Knorr’s Vegetable Soup[/url] (dried mix)
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained and cut in small pieces
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach
- 3 green onions, whites and tender green parts only, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 round or oval loaf of bread (sourdough or Vienna work well)
- Cut a “bowl” into the bread’s center.
- Remove the center bread and rip it into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the bread bowl on a platter with the pieces of bread surrounding it.
- Thaw spinach and squeeze out excess water.
- Mix all ingredients except bread and refrigerate the mixture for at least one hour.
- Put the mixture in the bread bowl to serve.