Knorr's Spinach Dip. Spinach, water chestnuts, and more goodness. Terrific on bread or crackers. This is an easy recipe that takes just 20 minutes.
Knorr's Spinach Dip is so good!
Knorr's Spinach Dip is another vintage "go-to" recipe that most people today haven't tried. Did you know March 23 is National Chip & Dip Day? This is one of my favorite dips.
Every time I serve it, my guests almost inhale it; they eat it so fast. It's delicious. With just 6 ingredients, you can make this recipe in a flash. Everyone loves it and it looks beautiful and elegant on a buffet table. So when we get back to social gatherings, remember this dip!
I have been making this easy-to-make spinach dip since the early 1980s. (<blush> Just shows you how old I am.) The original Knorr's Spinach Dip recipe comes from the back of the Knorr's Vegetable Soup package (affiliate link).
This dip is one of those dips you should learn how to make and add to your recipe repertoire. Serve it in a bread bowl with the inside of the bread ripped into small pieces and laid around the bread bowl. People will think you worked so hard to make it; they will be impressed. Or serve it in small cups with pretzels or gluten-free crackers.
What You Need
You will need a knife, cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, bowl, and a serving platter. And of course the soup mix.
Knorr's Spinach Dip Recipe
Knorr's Spinach Dip
- 1 package Knorr's Vegetable Soup mix dried mix
- 1 can water chestnuts drained and cut in small pieces
- 1 8- ounce package frozen chopped spinach
- 3 green onions whites and tender green parts only, chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 loaf artisan bread whole, unsliced round or oval sourdough or Vienna
- Cut a "bowl" into the bread's center.
- Remove the center bread and rip it into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the bread bowl on a platter with the pieces of bread surrounding it.
- Thaw spinach and squeeze out excess water. Get as much out as you can.
- Mix all ingredients except bread and refrigerate the mixture for at least one hour.
- Put the mixture in the bread bowl to serve.
Recipe Nutrition Information
This recipe is GF, NF,SF,EF, V*
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.
You May Like These Recipes & Posts From Recipe Idea Shop
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
PleaseRateour recipes, andPinandSharethem on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
GF = Gluten free |DF = Dairy free |NF = Nut free |SF = Soy free |EF = Egg free |CF = Corn free |V = Vegetarian |VG = Vegan
Note: If you have serious allergies or sensitivities, to be considered free of these allergens, you need to use products specifically marked "gluten-free," etc. There can be cross-contamination in facilities.
This recipe was originally posted on Recipe Idea Shop on November 7, 2015, and updated on March 23, 2021.