Roasted Ratatouille (Vegan). A hearty gluten-free, vegan veggie stew that is full of flavor and deliciousness!
Roasted Ratatouille (Vegan) is a robust vegetable stew.
It has been a bit cold the last few days, so this recipe is perfect for today. Surprisingly, until I met Don, I had never even heard of Ratatouille. I love vegetables, but it took me a long time to move away from the “meat, potatoes and vegetable” supper of my childhood. This is an amazing vegan and gluten free recipe. Roasting the vegetables heightens the flavor and packs in the taste. It is a terrific supper, especially in the fall or winter on a cold or rainy night, and paired with a good piece of homemade French Bread or, my favorite, Gluten Free Dairy Free White Bread. Very satisfying.
What You Need
For this recipe, you some good knives, a cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, a silicone baking mat (or parchment paper), a baking sheet with an edge on it, and a good Dutch oven or other large pan. Whatever kitchen tools you buy, get the best ones you can afford. You may also want to invest in one of these cool French bread pans.
Roasted Ratatouille (Vegan and Gluten Free) Recipe
Roasted Ratatouille (Vegan and Gluten Free)
- 2 small eggplants
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 2 medium yellow onions
- 1 green pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cans diced tomatoes or 2 pounds fresh Roma tomatoes, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup red wine
- Cut the vegetables (eggplant, zucchini, squash, onions, pepper) in big chunks, drizzle with olive oil, mix to combine.
- Spread the vegetables on one layer on a baking sheet (I cover mine with aluminum foil or parchment paper for easy clean up), sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake the vegetables in a 450F degree oven for 40 minutes, turning them over halfway through the baking time, until the vegetables are starting to turn brown.
- While the vegetables are roasting, put the tomatoes, garlic, basil, spices and wine in a large pot and bring to a boil.
- Then turn the temperature to low and simmer until the other vegetables are finished roasting.
- Add the roasted vegetables to the tomato mixture, stir to combine.
- Serve with a delicious crusty bread or cornbread.
Recipe Nutrition Information
This recipe is GF, DF, NF, SF, EF, CF (use sea salt), V, VG*
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Nourish Your Body & Soul
I encourage you to care of yourself by eating satisfying, nourishing food that is good for your body and makes you feel healthy. Protect your spirit by living authentically, moving your body, and taking time to replenish and rest. I think you might also like these recipes & posts from Recipe Idea Shop:
- French Vegetable Stew
- Roasted Ratatouille with Corn
- Indian Ratatouille
- Mediterranean Chickpea Stew
- Lentil Riced Stuffed Roasted Eggplant
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
GF = Gluten free | DF = Dairy free | NF = Nut free | SF = Soy free | EF = Egg free | CF = Corn free | V = Vegetarian | VG = Vegan
Note: If you have serious allergies or sensitivities, to be considered free of these allergens, you need to use products specifically marked "gluten free," etc. There can be cross-contamination in facilities.
This recipe was originally posted on Recipe Idea Shop Oct. 17, 2018 and updated April 23, 2021.
Guys, Thanks For sharing this Great Recipe. My Family Loved it. I am definitely sharing this recipe and this website with my friend. Hope they also love it. Thank you again for sharing such a great recipe.