RECIPE IDEA: Roasted Sweet Potato Fries
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen with a healthier option for fries—Roasted Sweet Potato Fries. Easy peasy, too.
Do you know that sweet potatoes are better for you than white potatoes? If you are diabetic like I am (or you don’t want to be diabetic like I am), then choose sweet potatoes. The Glycemic Index of a sweet potato is about half that of a white potato. I like sweet potatoes most ways. Roasted Sweet Potato Fries is one of my favorites.
Read on for recipe and nutrition information…
If you don’t have a Jelly Roll Pan, I suggest you get one or two. Jelly Roll Pans are much handier than a cookie sheet (no lip) because you can use them for baking anything—cookies, cakes, Roasted Sweet Potato Fries, roasting a chicken, and much more. I have an old one my mom gave me when I set up my first apartment. Here’s one by OXO, which always makes good products, that I like:
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary (optional)
- 12 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut them into strips.
- Put the strips in a bowl.
- Add the oil, rosemary and salt, and toss to coat.
- Line a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet with aluminum foil (for easy clean up).
- Place the coated sweet potatoes in a single layer on the pan and bake at 400F degrees for about 30-40 minutes, turning them over occasionally.
- When done, the fries will be tender and slightly browned on the outside.[br][url href=”https://recipeideashop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/RIS_LOGO-2-sml.png”][img src=”https://recipeideashop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/RIS_LOGO-2-sml.png” width=”252″ height=”53″ class=”alignleft size-full” title=”Recipe Idea Shop logo” alt=”RIS logo”][/url]