Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken, just the thing for a busy day. Ten minutes active preparation, and then just let it cook.
Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
This Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken took about 10 minutes to toss everything in the slow cooker. You add tomato sauce, onion, garlic, salsa and green pepper. So you know it’s gonna be good. I cooked it on low half a day, about 4 hours (since I used chicken tenders instead of chicken breasts). Before eating it, I shredded the chicken with two forks. It is so tasty!
I had it over rice, but it’s super good stuffed in a taco, too.
Even though I work at home, I love these easy slow cooker recipes. I don’t even have to think about supper. Just toss it together and turn it on. Easy peasy. I reviewed several shredded chicken recipes on Food.com and then put together the ingredients that I thought would be best. It was terrific. I hope you like it too. Please comment and share the recipe. I know you’re gonna wanna eat this.
What You Need
Of course you’ll need a slow cooker. You’ll also need knives, cutting board, measuring cups and spoons and a jar of salsa. Cut up some lettuce and tomatoes and serve it in taco shells.
Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken Recipe
Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
- 3 lbs chicken tenders frozen
- 1 16-ounce jar of medium hot salsa
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 1 8-ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 yellow onion grated
- 6 garlic cloves pressed
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Place the frozen chicken in the slow cooker.
- Dump the salsa over the chicken.
- Scatter the green pepper over the chicken and salsa.
- Mix the tomato sauce, onion, garlic and taco seasoning. I chopped the onion in my mini food processor, added the rest of the ingredients listed and gave it a whirl.
- Dump the tomato sauce mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours (about 9 hours if you use chicken breasts).
- A few minutes before serving, use 2 forks to shred the chicken, returning it to the sauce.
- Serve over rice or wrap in tortillas with lettuce and tomatoes if you prefer a burrito or taco.
Affiliate Disclosure: This website may contain affiliate marketing links, which means we may get paid commission on sales of those products or services we write about, including Amazon. Editorial content is not influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships. This disclosure is provided in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR § 255.5: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
Recipe Nutrition Information
This recipe is GF, DF, NF, SF, EF, CF*
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Croatian Grilled Chicken
- Easy Oven Spatchcocked Chicken
- Grilled Spatchcocked Chicken
- Easy Chicken Marsala
- Best Grilled Dry Rub Ribs
- Grilled Lamb Chops
GET MORE RECIPES YOU LOVE & FREE GIFTS
Trust me, you’re gonna love our recipes. Up your recipe repertoire. Add this recipe to your collection. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email updates and get a free cookbook and a printable grocery shopping list.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
GF = Gluten free | DF = Dairy free | NF = Nut free | SF = Soy free | EF = Egg free | CF = Corn free | V = Vegetarian | VG = Vegan
Note: If you have serious allergies or sensitivities, to be considered free of these allergens, you need to use products specifically marked “gluten free,” etc. There can be cross-contamination in facilities.
This recipe was originally posted on Recipe Idea Shop March 2017 and updated December 10, 2020.