RECIPE IDEA: Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about some chicken I made in my Crock Pot slow cooker, Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken. It took me about 10 minutes to toss everything in the slow cooker. Then I cooked it on low half a day, about 4 hours (since I used chicken tenders instead of chicken breasts). Before eating it, I shredded the chicken with two forks. It is so tasty! I had it over rice, but it’s super good stuffed in a taco, too.
After making Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken and shredding it, I let it cool, and then I froze it to take along to our daughter’s house for the weekend. We ate it Saturday night for supper and it was a hit! The younger grandchildren refused to try it, of course, but our teenage granddaughter and all the adults thought it was delicious.
Even though I work at home, I love these easy slow cooker recipes. I don’t even have to think about supper. Just toss it together and turn it on. Easy peasy. I reviewed several shredded chicken recipes on Food.com and then put together the ingredients that I thought would be best. I hope you like it too. Please comment and share the recipe. I know you’re gonna wanna eat this.
BUT FIRST, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?
Slow Cooker Shredded Chicken
- 3 lbs chicken tenders frozen
- 1 16-ounce jar of medium hot salsa
- 1/2 green pepper chopped
- 1 8-ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1/2 yellow onion grated
- 6 garlic cloves pressed
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- Place the frozen chicken in the slow cooker.
- Dump the salsa over the chicken.
- Scatter the green pepper over the chicken and salsa.
- Mix the tomato sauce, onion, garlic and taco seasoning. I chopped the onion in my mini food processor, added the rest of the ingredients listed and gave it a whirl.
- Dump the tomato sauce mixture over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours (about 9 hours if you use chicken breasts).
- A few minutes before serving, use 2 forks to shred the chicken, returning it to the sauce.
- Serve over rice or wrap in tortillas with lettuce and tomatoes if you prefer a burrito or taco.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon – Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.