Chewy. Tasty. Filling.
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen. Until recently, I had never had Steel Cut Oatmeal. It takes a little time to make it, but I love the texture and flavor. I’m not a big one for sweet cereals, but if you like sugar in it, you can add a little brown sugar when you are cooking it.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 banana
- 1/4 c chopped walnuts (toasted)
- In a 6-cup saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and stir in the oats and cinnamon.
- Toast the oats for 2 minutes, stirring frequently so they don’t burn.
- Pour in the boiling water and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 25 minutes, without stirring.
- Add 3/4 cup milk and stir to combine.
- Continue cooking for 10 minutes until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Serve hot with the remaining milk, fruit and toasted walnuts. [br] [url href=”https://recipeideashop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/RIS_LOGO-22-300×63.jpg”][img src=”https://recipeideashop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/RIS_LOGO-22-300×63.jpg” width=”300″ height=”63″ class=”alignleft size-medium” title=”RIS_LOGO-2″ alt=”Recipe Idea Shop logo”][/url]