Tomato Artichoke Soup, a delicious bean, tomato and artichoke stew that makes you say, "MMMMM. This is SO good." Tangy and flavorful, this simple soup takes just 20 minutes.
Tomato Artichoke Soup with Cannellini Beans is good for a dreary day.
Here's an outstanding soup you can make quickly—Tomato Artichoke Soup with Cannellini Beans. Pair it with a garden salad and a glass of wine, and you have a meal. It is a terrific rainy day meal that you will make again and again.
What are Cannellini Beans?
Cannellini beans are white kidney beans. They are creamy and silky and oh, so delicious. The combination of flavors is terrific. Tangy artichokes provide a burst of flavor that you will love. Start by sautéing an onion in a little oil. Add the garlic and spices. Dump in the rinsed cannellini beans and canned tomatoes. Heat thoroughly and sit down to supper. Such an easy meal.
The spices, beans and tomatoes make you think of Italian food. It's a creamy, delicious stew that fills you up. A vegan meal that everyone will enjoy.
What You Need
You'll need a Dutch oven or soup pot, knife, cutting board, measuring spoons, colander and some soup bowls. I love my chef's knife.
Tomato Artichoke Soup with Cannellini Beans Recipe
Tomato Artichoke Soup with Cannellini Beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2-3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon oregano (dried)
- 1 teaspoon basil (dried)
- 2 15-ounce cans cannellini beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can artichoke hearts (drained, rinsed, and cutting quarters)
- In a medium soup or sauce pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add the onions and sauté until the onions are transparent.
- Add the garlic, oregano and basil and continue cooking for about 30 seconds to release the flavors.
- Add the tomatoes, beans and artichokes. Stir and continue heating for about 5 minutes until heated through.
Recipe Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
Leave a Reply