RECIPE IDEA: Bacon Artichoke Kalamata Frittata
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, loving my Saturday Bacon Artichoke Kalamata Frittata. Don thought it would be better suited for brunch or supper, but I loved it for breakfast. The combination of bacon, artichokes and Kalamata olives was so tasty. Since all these ingredients are salty, there is no need to add salt to the frittata.
I have included two nutrition labels in case you would like to know the nutrition without the bacon (but why would you? Because, bacon!). I realize there are a lot of vegetarians out there. It’s delicious either way! Leave the oil out if you include the bacon.
I ate my frittata with a Glutino Gluten Free English Muffin. This is the best brand of (commercial) GF English Muffins I have found. One of these days I will try making our Homemade English Muffin recipe with gluten free flour. I know you’re gonna wanna eat this.
BUT FIRST, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?
Bacon Artichoke Kalamata Frittata
- 2 tablespoons olive oil optional, not necessary if you use bacon
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 strips thick-cut bacon cut into 1" pieces
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced Kalamata or black olives
- 6 marinated artichoke hearts drained and chopped
- Using a 10-inch cast iron skillet, sauté the bacon until crispy (or heat the oil over medium heat until hot, if not using bacon).
- Add the onions and sauté until onions are soft.
- In a bowl whisk eggs until blended. Add milk and pepper, whisk, and pour the egg mixture into the cast iron skillet.
- Add the sliced kalamata olives and artichokes.
- Cook over medium heat until the egg mixture is nearly set.
- Place the skillet a couple of inches below the broiler element and broil until lightly browned (about 3-5 minutes).
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon – Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.