South Beach Cheesy Frittata. Easy. Tasty. Good protein.
South Beach Cheesy Frittata, Perfect for Saturday Morning
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about Don’s South Beach Cheesy Frittata. Don made the best Cheesy Frittata for breakfast. It takes a bit of time to make it, but it’s really good and worth the effort! You need to watch it carefully when it’s on the stove. Lots of good protein. Serve it with a little fruit and some toast.
I find that a frittata is a good breakfast for a weekend morning. We always take a little more time with breakfast when we don’t have to rush off someplace. Cutting up the vegetables the night before can save you time in the morning, which would make it easier to make on a work day.
Cheesy Frittata Recipe
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper (diced)
- 1/2 cup zucchini (diced)
- 2 small plum tomatoes (diced)
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil (chopped)
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup Egg Beaters
- 1/2 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3/4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Coat a cast iron 10" skillet (or another oven-proof skillet) with olive oil and heat over medium-low heat until hot.
- Sauté the onion, red pepper and zucchini until the vegetables are lightly browned (2-3 minutes).
- Add the tomatoes, basil and pepper and stir to combine.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Combine Egg Beaters, cottage cheese and milk in a blender; blend until smooth.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables.
- Cover and cook on medium-low heat until the bottom is set and the top is slightly wet.
- Put the skillet under the broiler and broil until the top is set (2-3 minutes).
Sprinkle with cheese and broil until the cheese melts.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon — Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Cheesy Frittata Nutrition
Want More Recipes Like This?
If you want more delicious recipes, please sign up for our free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Tomato Basil Pie
- Asparagus Tomato Frittata
- Spinach Red Pepper Frittata
- Smoked Salmon Frittata
- Mushroom Omelet
BEFORE YOU GO, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?