Cincinnati Vegetarian Chili has that special flavoring that makes it “Cincinnati.” Can you guess what it is?
CINCINNATI VEGETARIAN CHILI
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop. Football season is a good time for Chili, especially Cincinnati Vegetarian Chili. (Actually, I think anytime is a good time for chili!) When it’s cold, a good hearty chili can really warm you up. The weatherman is predicting a couple of inches of snow here tonight, so I decided to make Cincinnati Vegetarian Chili. It’s quick to make (read: easy!) and very filling.
Check out the recipe.
You will need a good set of knives, a wonderful soup pot, some terrific serving bowls and soup spoons. I recommend Le Creuset or Calphalon cookware like these:
And what about these? White soup bowls with decorative spoons would be awesome.
Cincinnati Vegetarian Chili Recipe
Cincinnati Vegetarian Chili
- 1 medium to large onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon this is the ingredient that makes it "Cincinnati"
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon Red Hot sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cans 15-oz tomato sauce
- 2 cans 15-oz diced tomatoes
- 1 can chili beans
- 3 cans black beans rinsed (can substitute kidney beans or white beans)
- 2 bags Boca Burger Crumbles
- Fry the onions, garlic and spices in olive oil until onion is transparent. (I use a Dutch Oven to make my chili.)
- Add tomato sauce and tomatoes.
- Stir in vegetarian crumbles. (If you prefer a meat chili, you can substitute 2 pounds of cooked and crumbled ground beef for the veggie crumbles.)
- Add the beans.
- Stir to combine and heat on medium until everything is hot and bubbly.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, a dollop of fat-free sour cream, and taco chips, crackers or bread.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon — Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.
Cincinnati Vegetarian Chili Nutrition Information
Want More Recipes Like This?
If you want more delicious recipes, please sign up for our free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.