Cincinnati Vegetarian Chili has that special flavoring that makes it “Cincinnati.” Can you guess what it is?
Football season is wrapping up, heading to the Super Bowl soon. What are you serving these days? How about Cincinnati Vegetarian Chili? It’s such a delicious meal-in-one. Add a bit of cheese or Fritos to the top for special flavor. Get your veggies in by adding a garden salad, and you have a meal.
A good hearty chili can really warm you up on a rainy or cold day. Actually, I think anytime is a good time for chili! It’s quick to make (read: easy!) and very filling.
What’s the Secret Ingredient?
It’s just one ingredient that changes chili into Cincinnati chili! This ingredient totally changes the flavor. The secret is cinnamon!
What You Need
For this recipe, you will need a good set of knives, a wonderful soup pot, measuring cups and spoons, some terrific serving bowls and soup spoons. But what you really want is a great set of pans and some fun serving dishes, right?
Cincinnati Vegetarian Chili Recipe
Cincinnati Vegetarian Chili
- 1 medium to large onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (This is the ingredient that makes it "Cincinnati")
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon Red Hot sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 cans (15-oz tomato sauce)
- 2 cans (15-oz diced tomatoes)
- 1 can chili beans
- 3 cans black beans (rinsed—okay to substitute kidney beans or white beans)
- 2 bags Boca Burger Crumbles
- Fry the onions, garlic and spices in olive oil until onion is transparent. (I use a Dutch Oven to make my chili.)
- Add tomato sauce and tomatoes.
- Stir in vegetarian crumbles. (If you prefer a meat chili, you can substitute 2 pounds of cooked and crumbled ground beef for the veggie crumbles.)
- Add the beans.
- Stir to combine and heat on medium until everything is hot and bubbly.
- Serve with shredded cheddar cheese, a dollop of fat-free sour cream, and taco chips, crackers or bread.
Affiliate Disclosure: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Recipe Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. Up your recipe repertoire. Add this recipe to your collection. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook and a printable grocery shopping list.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!