Easy Brownies (Gluten Free Dairy Free) are so good you won't know they are gluten free, but go ahead. Tell everyone. Then there will be more for you.
This Easy Brownies (Gluten Free Dairy Free) Recipe is mostly a "dump, mix, bake" recipe.
Did you know June is "Dairy Alternatives Month?" (I find this interesting because June is also National Dairy Month.) So here's a recipe that is deliciously dairy free, Easy Brownies (Gluten Free Dairy Free) is one of my favorite desserts because I love chocolate. And it's super easy.
When I attend a potluck, picnic or family gathering, I like to bring foods that I know folks with food allergies will appreciate. Many people are sensitive to gluten (me included) and dairy (yup, that one too). This recipe meets both these restrictions; it does contain nuts, however, which you can easily leave out. If you prefer regular brownies using wheat flour and butter, try my Favorite Chocolate Brownies.
I used coconut oil instead of butter but you could use canola oil if you don't like the flavor of coconut. I happen to love it. I also put walnuts on the top of my brownies instead of mixing them in because several people in my family don't like nuts in their brownies or cookies. I like them baked on top because (1) those who don't like them can see them and choose a different piece and (2) it makes the nuts nice and crispy. Yum!
What You Need
No special tools are required for this recipe. I used "dry" measuring cups and spoons, a small glass measuring cup (for melting the chocolate and coconut oil), my stand mixer (but you could use a hand mixer), rubber spatula, knife, cutting board, and a 9" x 12 " pan (I actually used an 11" x 17" baking sheet because I doubled the recipe). For gluten free, you will of course need gluten free flour.
Easy Brownies (Gluten Free Dairy Free) Recipe
Easy Brownies Gluten Free Dairy Free
- 4 squares unsweetened chocolate 4 oz
- ⅔ cup coconut oil melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup gluten free flour I like Bob's Red Mill One-to-One Gluten Free Baking Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts optional
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Grease a 9" x 12″ pan and set aside.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil over low heat or in the microwave until melted. Watch closely as this can burn easily. It took about 2 minutes in my microwave.
- Beat sugar, eggs, vanilla and salt.
- Stir in GF flour and baking powder.
- When cool, add the chocolate/butter mixture and stir until well combined.
- Mix in the walnuts or lay them on top (your choice). I like the walnuts on the top of the brownies (as in the picture).
- Pour the mixture into the greased 9" x 12" pan.
- Bake at 350F degrees for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Recipe Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- My Favorite Chocolate Brownies
- Gluten Free Three Layer Mint Brownies
- Chocolate Ginger Spice Cupcakes
- Three Layer Peanut Butter Brownies
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cookies
Last Updated on May 25, 2022 by Adriana