Easy Dream Bar Cookies are a family favorite that go WAY back. Like any bar cookie, they are super easy. The graham cracker crust is delicious.
I think some variation of Easy Dream Bar Cookies has been around since I was a kid—and that’s a LONG time ago. Hee. Hee.
This version of the recipe is based on a recipe in The Flying Brownie cookbook by Shirley Fan. Her recipe calls for a crust made of chocolate sandwich cookies (like Oreos) with the stuffing removed and then crushed and mixed with the butter to form it. I used traditional graham cracker crumbs and added extra nuts (her recipe calls for only 1/2 cup), which makes these Easy Dream Bar Cookies pretty darn tasty (and higher in fat).
Don and I think these cookies are terrific. I challenge you to try them and post a comment about them below. They are super easy to make—since they are bar cookies!
What You Need
For this recipe, you will need measuring cups and spoons, a knife, a large mixing bowl, and an 8″ x 8″ baking pan. But what you really want is some beautiful dessert plates to serve these cookies on, am I right?
Easy Dream Bar Cookies Recipe
Easy Dream Bar Cookies
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup peanut butter chips
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut (I prefer unsweetened)
- 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a little extra for overhang.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and butter and pour it into the pan.
- Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool for 20 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix all the chips, nuts and almonds.
- Pour the mixture over the top of the cooled crust.
- Drizzle the milk over the top.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Let cool in the pan on a rack.
- Remove the bars from the pan by grasping the edges of the parchment paper (easy clean up!).
- Cut the cookies into 16 even squares.
- Store in an airtight container.
Alternate crust: Use Oreo Cookie crumbs (without the filling) instead of graham cracker crumbs.
Affiliate Disclosure:Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. Up your recipe repertoire. Add this recipe to your collection. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook and a printable grocery shopping list.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Chocolate Cherry Squares
- Danish Sugar Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Coconut Kiss Cookies
- Gluten Free Shortbread Cookies
- Sadie’s Brown Sugar Sugar Cookies