Easy Dream Bar Cookies recipe is a family favorite that goes WAY back. Like any bar cookie, they are super easy. The graham cracker crust is delicious.
Easy Dream Bar Cookies are simple and bursting with flavor.
I think some variation of Easy Dream Bar Cookies has been around since I was a kid, and that's a LONG time ago. Hee. Hee.
This version of the recipe is based on a recipe in The Flying Brownie cookbook by Shirley Fan. Her recipe calls for a crust made of chocolate sandwich cookies (like Oreos) with the stuffing removed and then crushed and mixed with the butter to form it. I used traditional graham cracker crumbs and added extra nuts (her recipe calls for only ½ cup), which makes these Easy Dream Bar Cookies pretty darn tasty (and higher in fat).
Don and I think these cookies are terrific. I challenge you to try them and post a comment about them below. They are super easy to make, since they are bar cookies!
What You Need
For this recipe, you will need measuring cups and spoons, a knife, a large mixing bowl, and an 8" x 8" baking pan. But what you really is a great cup of coffee to go with the cookies, am I right?
Recipe for Easy Dream Bar Cookies
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter (melted)
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter chips
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup shredded coconut (I prefer unsweetened)
- ¾ cup sweetened condensed milk
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Line an 8 x 8 baking pan with parchment paper, leaving a little extra for overhang.
- Mix graham cracker crumbs and butter and pour it into the pan.
- Press the crumbs into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool for 20 minutes.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix all the chips, nuts and almonds.
- Pour the mixture over the top of the cooled crust.
- Drizzle the milk over the top.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Let cool in the pan on a rack.
- Remove the bars from the pan by grasping the edges of the parchment paper (easy clean up!).
- Cut the cookies into 16 even squares.
- Store in an airtight container.
Leave a Reply