RECIPE IDEA: Gluten Free Buttermilk Pancakes
Hey. Don here. Since Lois seems to be getting increasingly sensitive to gluten, we tried my family’s pancake recipe with gluten free flour. I had some leftover buttermilk to use up and I love these made-the-night-before Buttermilk Pancakes. They were just as delicious as when they are made with wheat flour. Try them with Sautéed Apples. Yum.
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1/2 cups [url href=”https://www.bobsredmill.com” target=”_blank”]Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Baking Mix[/url]
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Sift twice to add air to the mix.
- Add the buttermilk, beaten eggs and butter, and stir to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- In the morning, stir the mixture and cook on a hot ungreased griddle, using about 1/4 cup per pancake.
- Let the pancakes form lots of bubbles before turning them over to cook the other side (about 5 minutes).
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes until golden brown. [br] [url href=”https://recipeideashop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/RIS_LOGO-22-e1436274250987.jpg”][img src=”https://recipeideashop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/RIS_LOGO-22-e1436274250987.jpg” width=”300″ height=”62″ class=”alignleft size-full” title=”RIS_LOGO-2″][/url]