Gluten Free Cornbread is super good and tends to be a bit crispier on the top than wheat-flour cornbread. Easy peasy.
Gluten Free Cornbread
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop. Cornbread is one of my favorite breads. It’s quick to make, moist and always delicious. And this Gluten Free Cornbread recipe I made today for some Quaker friends is no exception. The cool thing about gluten free is that you can create it so it has a few more peaks in the top, which only increases the flavor and delightful texture when it browns.
I like to make cornbread either in a seasoned cast iron skillet or a cornpone pan. What do you prefer?
Gluten Free Cornbread
Traditional Cornbread without the wheat. Very tasty.
- 1 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour (I prefer Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder (I prefer Rumford)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/3 cup melted butter
Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour canola oil in the bottom of an 8-inch cast iron skillet and put the skillet in the oven for 15 minutes to season it.
- Dump out the excess oil before putting the cornbread in it.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients.
- Melt the butter.
- Pour the milk and cream into the butter to cool it.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and mix well.
Pour the batter into the hot cast iron skillet and bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes until the bread pulls away from the sides and the top is turning golden brown.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon — Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Gluten Free Cornbread Nutrition
Want More Recipes Like This?
If you want more delicious recipes, please sign up for our free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Cornbread (Traditional)
- Jalapeño Corn Bread
- Corn and Quinoa Cornbread
- Amazing Gluten Free French Bread
- Gluten Free Dairy Free White Bread
- Dillie Bread