RECIPE IDEA: Gluten Free Cornbread
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop. Cornbread is one of my favorite breads. It’s quick to make, moist and always delicious. And this Gluten Free Cornbread recipe I made today for some Quaker friends is no exception. The cool thing about gluten free is that you can create it so it has a few more peaks in the top, which only increases the flavor and delightful texture when it browns.
- 1 & 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup gluten free baking mix (flour)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon [url href=”https://amzn.to/1QyWGYm” target=”_blank”]Rumford Baking Powder[/url]
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pour canola oil in the bottom of an 8-inch cast iron skillet and put the skillet in the oven for 15 minutes to season it.
- Dump out the excess oil before putting the cornbread in it.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients.
- Melt the butter.
- Pour the milk and cream into the butter to cool it.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the hot cast iron skillet and bake at 450 degrees for 18-20 minutes until the bread pulls away from the sides and the top is turning golden brown.[br] [url href=”https://recipeideashop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/RIS_LOGO-22-e1436274250987.jpg”][img src=”https://recipeideashop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/RIS_LOGO-22-e1436274250987.jpg” width=”300″ height=”62″ class=”alignleft size-full” title=”RIS_LOGO-2″][/url]