This traditional Cornbread Recipe (Easy), a delicious accompaniment for any soup or salad. Moist and fluffy cornbread can be made in a cast iron skillet or a cornpone pan.
Me too, and this Cornbread Recipe (Easy) is a dump-mix-and bake simple recipe. It is based on James Beard’s recipe found in his American Cookery cookbook, which is a terrific basic cookbook.
I love Cornbread with soup, stew, roast beef…anything. I like to make it in a cast-iron frying pan that has been seasoned well (so it doesn’t stick). The crust gets a little crispy, which makes it taste sweeter.
Do you have a cast iron pan? Or, better yet, a cornpone pan? I find them invaluable in my kitchen. The cornpone pan allows the cornbread to get nice and crispy on the outside and stay soft and delicious inside.
What You Need
For this recipe, you need a mixing bowl, measuring cups and spoons, a wire whisk or mixer, and a pan to bake your cornbread in. But what you really want is a cornpone pan, cast iron skillets, fun dishes and lovely glassware, am I right?
Cornbread Recipe (Easy) Recipe
Cornbread Recipe (Easy)
Moist, flaky homemade cornbread is SO good. This Cornbread Recipe (easy) is a dump-mix-and bake, easy recipe.
- 1 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pour canola oil in the bottom of an 8-inch cast iron skillet and put the skillet in the oven for 15 minutes to season it.
- Dump out the excess oil before putting the cornbread in it.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients.
- Melt the butter.
- Pour the milk and cream into the butter to cool it.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the hot cast iron skillet and bake at 450 degrees for 18-20 minutes until the bread pulls away from the sides and the top is turning golden brown.
Affiliate Disclosure: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Recipe Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. Up your recipe repertoire. Add this recipe to your collection. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook and a printable grocery shopping list.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Jalapeño Corn Bread
- Corn and Quinoa Cornbread
- Amazing Gluten Free French Bread
- Gluten Free Dairy Free White Bread
- Dillie Bread
BEFORE YOU GO, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?