Delicious accompaniment for any soup or salad.
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen. Cornbread is a comfort food for me. I love it with soup, stew, roast beef…anything. I like to make it in a cast-iron frying pan that has been seasoned well (so it doesn’t stick). The crust gets a little crispy, which makes it taste sweeter.
- 1-1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Pour canola oil in the bottom of an 8-inch cast iron skillet and put the skillet in the oven for 15 minutes to season it.
- Dump out the excess oil before putting the cornbread in it.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix all of the dry ingredients.
- Melt the butter.
- Pour the milk and cream into the butter to cool it.
- Add the eggs and mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry mixture and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the hot cast iron skillet and bake at 450 degrees for 18-20 minutes until the bread pulls away from the sides and the top is turning golden brown. [br] [url href=”https://recipeideashop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/RIS_LOGO-22-300×63.jpg”][img src=”https://recipeideashop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/RIS_LOGO-22-300×63.jpg” width=”300″ height=”63″ class=”aligncenter size-medium” title=”RIS_LOGO-2″ alt=”Recipe Idea Shop logo”][/url]