Oatmeal Pancakes. So good. Cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla make them amazingly flavorful. And if you use gluten free oatmeal, they will be gluten free.
Oatmeal Pancakes That Kids And Adults Love
Hi. It's Lois, telling you about my hearty, gluten free Oatmeal Pancakes. This recipe is a modification of my favorite James Beard's Pancakes recipe. These Oatmeal Pancakes are delicious. Even my picky grandkids like them. A few of them beg for these pancakes when they are here.
If you have leftovers, you can freeze them individually and pull them out for a quick breakfast or snack. (I wrap them in wax paper and put them in a freezer bag.) I also like them at room temperature for a mid-morning snack and they don't need syrup. The spices bring lots of flavor to them.
Check out the recipe.
Try Pancakes With An Egg On Top
Have you ever used a nutmeg grinder? The flavor is so much better! We love our nutmeg grinder.
You May Also Like These Recipes
- James Beard's Pancakes
- Buckwheat Pancakes (Naturally Gluten Free)
- Don's Buttermilk Pancakes
- Gluten Free Buttermilk Pancakes
- Iranian Yogurt Pancakes
- Corn Pancakes (excellent for supper!)
Gluten Free Oatmeal Pancakes Recipe
- 2 cups gluten free oatmeal ground into flour (I use my mini food processor)
- 1 cup whole oatmeal gluten free
- 1 Tbl sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup melted butter or margarine
- 1-½ cups milk or milk substitute oat milk is good
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Heat your pancake griddle to 300F degrees.
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter, add the milk, add the vanilla, and then add the eggs. Mix to combine. Make sure the eggs are entirely incorporated.
- Add milk mixture to dry ingredients and stir until combined.
- Ladle a quarter cup of batter (about 4-6 inches for each pancake) on your hot, lightly greased griddle and cook until the top of the pancake looks kind of dry (about 8 minutes).
- Then turn the pancake over and cook it 5-7 minutes longer until nicely browned.
- Serve with butter, maple syrup and jam. Delicious!