RECIPE IDEA: Gluten Free Zucchini Bread
Hi, it’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about Gluten Free Zucchini Bread. Our neighbors gave us some BIG zucchini, the kind that is terrific for Zucchini Bread, so I made some. When I bake cakes and cookies, I keep trying to figure out the right combination of gluten-free flours to get the right texture. This was perfect! I am very happy with the combination of Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Baking Mix, Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Oat Flour and Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Almond Flour. You will also need some Bob’s Red Mill Xanthan Gum. The Baking Mix includes Xanthan Gum, but I add a little more to make the flours stick together and come out chewy.
This Gluten Free Zucchini Bread is not overly sweet and has a wonderful spicy flavor. It is moist, more like a cake, but I bake it in loaf pans and eat it toasted or plain with butter. It’s amazing!
Did you know you can shred fresh zucchini and freeze it? Then you can have Gluten Free Zucchini Bread any time of the year.
Read on for recipe and nutrition…
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. canola oil
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 15.25-ounce can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 2 cups zucchini (shredded)
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Oat Flour
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Almond Flour
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Gluten Free Baking Mix
- 1/4 cup Tapioca flour
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 2 tsp. Xanthum Gum
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries (optional)
- 1 c. chopped walnuts
- Combine all ingredients in order listed.
- Mix the baking soda, salt, baking powder, xanthum gum and spices separately in a small bowl before combining with the wet mixture.
- Pour into two greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350F degrees for about 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.