Green Beans Almandine is a favorite recipe in most homes. Quick, easy and so tasty. Crisp and buttery.
Green Beans Almandine
Hi. Don here, telling you about my Green Beans Almandine. Although green beans are abundant in the summertime, this is a recipe that works anytime because in the United States green beans are readily available all year round. And this recipe is delicious whether you are using fresh or frozen green beans. It's simple and only takes a few minutes even if you have to "snap" the fresh beans.
Fresh green beans are one of Lois' favorite vegetables. She says she likes green beans no matter how they are made, steamed (crisp), raw on a salad, cooked-all-day (the way my mom used to make them), canned or in her Green Bean and Tomato Salad (that's one you won't want to miss). She was delighted with these Green Beans Almandine. We recently taught the grandteens how to make them.
WHAT YOU NEED
Green Beans Almandine Recipe
Anytime Green Beans Almandine
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- ½ medium onion sliced thinly
- ¼ cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Place the green beans in a vegetable steamer.
- When the water boils, turn the stove off. However, let the beans stay in the steamer to continue to cook for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- While the beans cook, melt the butter over medium heat in a small skillet.
- Add the onion slices and sauté them until they start to caramelize (about 5-6 minutes).
- Add the almonds and cook a few minutes more, tossing the onions and almonds occasionally. When the almonds start to brown, they are done.
- Add the green beans to the almonds/onion mixture, and stir gently.
- Serve hot.
Recipe Nutrition Information
This recipe is GF, DF, SF, EF, CF, V*
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.
Nourish Your Body & Soul
I encourage you to care of yourself by eating satisfying, nourishing food that is good for your body and makes you feel healthy. Protect your spirit by living authentically, moving your body, and taking time to replenish and rest. I think you might also like these recipes & posts from Recipe Idea Shop:
- Green Beans, Walnuts and Shallots
- Green Beans and Tomato Salad
- Southern Green Bean Casserole
- Northern Green Bean Casserole
Rate, Pin & Share!
Please Rate our recipes and posts, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
GF = Gluten free | DF = Dairy free | NF = Nut free | SF = Soy free | EF = Egg free | CF = Corn free | V = Vegetarian | VG = Vegan
Note: If you have serious allergies or sensitivities, to be considered free of these allergens, you need to use products specifically marked "gluten free," etc. There can be cross-contamination in facilities.
This post was first published on Recipe Idea Shop February 24, 2016 and updated September 20, 2021.
Last Updated on May 5, 2022 by Adriana