Green Beans Almandine are a favorite in most homes. Quick, easy and so tasty. Crisp, a bit salty and buttery.
Green Beans Almandine
Hi. Don here, telling you about my Green Beans Almandine. Although green beans are abundant in the summertime, this is a recipe that works all year because in the United States green beans are readily available all year round. It’s simple and only takes a few minutes start to finish after you “snap” the beans.
Fresh green beans are one of Lois’ favorite vegetables. She always says she likes green beans no matter how they are made—steamed (crisp), raw on a salad, cooked-all-day (the way my mom used to make them), canned or in her Green Bean and Tomato Salad (that’s one you won’t want to miss). She was delighted with these Green Beans Almandine.
Green Beans Almandine Recipe
Anytime Green Beans Almandine
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans
- 1/2 medium onion (sliced thinly)
- 1/4 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Place the green beans in a vegetable steamer.
When the water boils, let the beans cook for about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- While the beans cook, melt the butter over medium heat in a small skillet.
Add the onion slices and sauté them until they start to caramelize (about 5-6 minutes).
Add the almonds and cook a few minutes more, tossing the onions and almonds occasionally. When the almonds start to brown, they are done.
- To serve, place the green beans in a warm serving dish and top with the onions and almonds.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon — Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account.
Green Beans Almandine Nutrition
Want More Recipes Like This?
If you want more delicious recipes, please sign up for our free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Green Beans, Walnuts and Shallots
- Green Beans and Tomato Salad
- Southern Green Bean Casserole
- Northern Green Bean Casserole
BEFORE YOU GO, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?