Instant Pot Vegetarian Bourguignon is so good, you will think it is made with meat. What a terrific hearty vegetarian option for Thanksgiving, or anytime! And all you need to add is a Crunchy Sweet Spinach Salad and/or some bread for a complete meal.
Instant Pot Vegetarian Bourguignon
Hi. It’s Lois, telling you about this amazing Instant Pot Vegetarian Bourguignon recipe I made last week. I had a friend over for supper and she ate three bowls of it! I’d say that’s great testimony.
I did discover that the Worcestershire sauce I usually use, Lee & Perkins Worcestershire Sauce, contains anchovies, so if you don’t eat fish, be sure to substitute a vegan version of Worcestershire sauce. I merely looked for gluten free. This vegetarian version on Beef Bourguignon tasted so good, I wouldn’t have known there wasn’t any meat in it.
Try this one:
The Wizard’s Organic Gluten Free Vegan Worcestershire Sauce, 8.5 Ounce. Buy it on Amazon.
Have you thought about making videos? Here’s a free video summit available.
Check out the recipe…
Instant Pot Vegetarian Bourguignon Recipe
Instant Pot Vegetarian Bourguignon
This Instant Pot Vegetarian Bourguignon is a hearty stew that will make you forget you like meat. It is so tasty and delicious, everyone will be moaning in delight when they eat it.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions peeled and diced
- 2 small turnips peeled and diced
- 8 carrots peeled and cut in 2” chunks (or 1# baby carrots)
- 4 stalks of celery diced
- 1 1/2 pound small Portobello cremini mushrooms washed (and quartered if larger size)
- 1 ½ pounds of small red potatoes washed and quartered
- ¼ cup brandy or cognac
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 bouquet garni: a small bunch of fresh thyme and 1 bay leaf tied with kitchen string
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup red wine burgundy preferred
- 1 quart vegetable broth reserve ¼ cup for slurry at end
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon Tamari (gluten free) Soy Sauce
- 3 tablespoons gluten free/vegan Worcestershire sauce
Slurry: Remember to add the reserved 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet browning sauce
- 4 tablespoons gluten free flour
Last Minute Adds: Add At the End
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions
- 1 cup frozen baby peas
Press the Sauté button on your Instant Pot. When the sensor reads “Hot,” add the oil and wait a minute before adding the veggies.
Add the onion, turnips and carrots and sauté until the veggies are starting to brown.
Deglaze the pot with the brandy. This means pour the brandy in and using a wooden spoon, scrape and loosen all the little brown pieces that are in the bottom of the pan.
Add the celery, potatoes, mushrooms, and garlic to the pot.
- Press “cancel” to stop the sauté function.
In a bowl, whisk together the red wine, veggie broth (reserve ¼ cup), salt, pepper, tomato paste, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Pour this mixture into the pot and give the pot a little stir.
- Add the bouquet garni.
- Close and lock the lid, setting the vent to seal. Press “pressure cook,” setting the pressure to “high” and the time to “30.”
While the meal is cooking, whisk together the remaining vegetable broth with 4 tablespoons of gluten free flour and the Kitchen Bouquet browning sauce, which makes what is called a slurry sauce.
- When the machine beeps, press cancel and let it rest for 15 minutes before releasing the pressure valve.
- Open the lid and remove the thyme bundle.
Set the pot to “sauté” and add the pearl onions, peas and the slurry sauce. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, until the gravy thickens (about 5 minutes). Serve immediately in soup bowls.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon — Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account.
Instant Pot Vegetarian Bourguignon Nutrition Information
Want More Recipes Like This?
If you want more delicious recipes, please sign up for our free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Instant Pot Beef Burgundy Bourguignon
- Mediterranean Chickpea Stew
- Moroccan Chickpea Stew
- Hello Dahl-y Lentil Dahl
- French Vegetable Stew