RECIPE IDEA: Lamb Asparagus Supper
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about this tasty Lamb Asparagus Supper Don and I shared recently. It was simple and amazing. Savory, succulent lamb chops. Crisp, fresh asparagus. Onions. Tomatoes. Rosemary. Salt and pepper.
Eating healthfully is such a simple way to savor your life.
Don and I love lamb, especially chops. As much as I’d like to eat about three of them at one sitting, I stick to one. I have found that they are surprisingly high in calories and fat. So I eat one and savor it. Pairing it with one of the best vegetables on the planet—asparagus—is a terrific way to fill up your belly and enjoy the meal.
Thankfully, we can get reasonably priced lamb chops sourced locally part of the year and from Australia other times of the year. When I see them on sale, I buy and freeze them. I was super happy I had some for this Lamb Asparagus Supper. Pair it with a Baked Potato or a Green Salad and call it a meal.
Do tell me what you think of the recipe when you make it! I think you’re gonna love it. Comment below.
BUT FIRST, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?
Lamb Asparagus Supper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small yellow onion cut in chunks
- 2 lamb chops
- 8 stalks of asparagus cut in 2 inch pieces, tips separated
- 10 cherry or grape tomatoes cut in half
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Heat the oil until hot in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onions and cook until they are beginning to brown just a bit.
- Add the lamb chops and cook until they are starting to brown.
- Add the asparagus, except the tips, and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, asparagus tips, and rosemary, and cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Check the temperature of the meat. When it reaches 160F degrees (for medium), plate the delicious meal and eat it!
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon – Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.