Hearts of Palm Salad, based on the "South Beach Salad" from the South Beach Diet. Hearts of palm, artichokes, bell peppers, kalamata olives, lettuce or spinach and tomatoes in a vinaigrette. Super yum.
Hearts of Palm Salad is delectable.
You're gonna wanna eat this one. Hearts of Palm Salad, a uniquely scrumptious salad from the South Beach Diet, which Don and I follow periodically to reset our metabolisms. I admit, I primarily do this diet because it works for Don and I like to support him in his efforts. I seldom lose weight on it, but it does help me to stop craving sugar and feel more energy. The diet includes some terrific recipes, many that I share with you.
Of course, with this Hearts of Palm Salad, I modified the ingredients a bit because that's what I do. Hearts of palm are tasty, somewhat similar to bamboo shoots but fatter. The combination of vegetables makes an easy, pretty salad.
This salad is perfect for a high-falutin dinner or a simple picnic at the park. Impress your family and friends with this dish that takes only 15 active minutes and an hour's resting time in the fridge. Such an easy dish to make. And so delicious.
South Beach Diet
One of the things I like about the South Beach Diet is the creative recipes. Even though I write a recipe blog, we tend to use a menu rotation than can get boring instead of trying new recipes regularly or changing up our menus every couple of weeks. Don loves this diet not only for the variety, but also because he loses weight quickly in the first phase. And the next two phases help him to lose a few more pounds and maintain the loss for a good, long time. What's your favorite diet?
What You Need
You will need a knife and cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, a wire whisk, a salad spinner and a beautiful plate or bowl for serving.
Hearts of Palm Salad Recipe
Hearts of Palm Salad
- 1 can hearts of palm 14 ounces, drained and sliced
- 1 can artichoke hearts 14 ounces, drained and quartere)
- ½ cup green bell peppers (diced)
- ½ cup red or yellow bell peppers diced
- 10 kalamata olives halved
- 4 plum tomatoes cut in eighths or quartered, depending on size
- 2 cups fresh spinach washed and trimmed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- In a measuring cup, combine the olive oil, canola oil, wine vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper. Whisk to emulsify.
- In a medium bowl, combine the heats of palm, artichokes, diced peppers, and olives.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the combined vegetables and stir gently.
- Refrigerate the salad for about an hour to enhance flavors.
Garnish & Serve
- Serve over a bed of spinach, topped by the chopped tomatoes.
Recipe Nutrition Information
This recipe is GF, DF, NF, SF, EF, CF (use sea salt), V, VG*
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.
Nourish Your Body & Soul
I encourage you to care of yourself by eating satisfying, nourishing food that is good for your body and makes you feel healthy. Protect your spirit by living authentically, moving your body, and taking time to replenish and rest. I think you might also like these recipes & posts from Recipe Idea Shop:
- French Barley Salad
- Barley Apple Walnut Salad
- South Beach Lemon Garlic Salmon
- South Beach Cabbage Salad
- French Potato Salad
- South Beach Florentine Egg Cups
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!