Stuffed Peppers, a simple and hearty meal. Easy cooking at home.
Stuffed Peppers Good for Cold Day
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about some yummy Stuffed Peppers. Stuffed peppers were a favorite of mine when I was a child. You don’t need any special equipment to make them; just a chef’s knife, sauté pan and a casserole dish.
I don’t have my mother’s recipe, but this version is a little similar to hers and it’s easy to make. I combined several recipes to make this version. Mom’s was more tomato-based and tasted a little like Mexican food (Spanish Rice). This version is a little milder. I bake my peppers, but my neighbor says she cooks hers on top of the stove in tomato sauce and instead of putting the rice with the meat mixture, she serves the peppers over rice.
Stuffed Peppers freeze well. Under bake them a little bit if you are going to freeze them. Then just thaw, warm and serve for a quick supper.
Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 4 medium bell peppers (any color with flat bottoms)m
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground lamb
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon dried (rubbed sage)
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- In a large skillet, brown the meat, onions and garlic in the olive oil.
- Add all the spices, Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste and stir to combine.
- Add the rice and stir.
- Cut the tops off the peppers and scoop out the insides.
- Stuff peppers with the meat mixture and place the stuffed peppers in a baking dish.
- Drizzle the outside of the peppers with a little olive oil, if desired.
Bake at 400F degrees for about 30 minutes until the peppers are done (crisp tender) and the meat mixture is hot. Serve immediately with a salad and some fruit.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon — Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Stuffed Peppers Recipe Nutrition
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Vegan Mexican Rice
- Saffron Scented Rice
- Brown Rice Salad with Cranberries
- Cinnamon Sugar Rice (for dessert)
- Savory Sweet Roasted Butternut Squash Salad
- Lemon Rice
- Coconut Basmati Rice
BEFORE YOU GO, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?