Recipe Idea: Roasted Butternut Squash
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, giving you a super simple, delicious recipe for Roasted Butternut Squash. It’s almost spring, and I have a Butternut Squash remaining from last fall. It’s time to enjoy it! And what better way to cook it than roasting it?
I use this roasting technique with many different vegetables, but squash is one of my favorites because it gets so caramelized and sweet. This squash can be eaten exactly as it is as a side vegetable, whipped up for a pie filling, made into a soup, or added to other ingredients to spice up a side salad. It’s even wonderful over a nice, Green Salad for a bit of flair.
I love pairing Roasted Butternut Squash with any kind of fish, pork or chicken. Add a side of green beans, and it’s supper. Next week, I’ll show you the Roasted Butternnut Squash Rice Salad I made with this delicious vegetable.
If you are careful, you can get three meals out of one squash. What a deal! I know you’re gonna wanna eat this squash.
Did You Grab Your FREE Cookbook?
Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 butternut squash peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt optional
- Coat the butternut squash cubes with olive oil and the salt.
- Spread evenly on a large baking sheet.
- Bake at 450F degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Using a spatula, turn the cubes over on the pan and return to the oven for 10 minuets more.
- Squash is done when slightly browned and still a little crisp.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon – Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.