Vegan Pumpkin Banana Pudding is my choice for leftover pumpkin. What's yours?
Baked Vegan Pumpkin Banana Pudding is scrumptious and luscious.
One year our Community Sponsored Agriculture (CSA) subscription gave us a few pumpkins. I don't generally make pie, Don is the pie maker, so I looked for other ways to use the pumpkin. We made Roasted Pumpkin (amazing) and found a pudding recipe I dearly love. When I made the Roasted Pumpkin, I only used half the pumpkin. I steamed the rest to use in something else, and I found an interesting Pumpkin Pudding recipe in The Candle Cafe Cookbook (The Candle Cafe is a great vegan restaurant in New York, by the way).
Since I don't eat soy, I changed the soy milk to oat milk and added a little vanilla. I also used my fresh pumpkin instead of canned pumpkin purÃ©e, but I didn't have quite enough, so I threw in a very ripe banana. Don's Cuisinart Smart Stick Immersion Blender worked perfectly and was so easy to use for this recipe.
What You Need
You need measuring cups and spoons, ramekins, a bowl, a baking pan, and a blender or immersion blender. I'd like to sit down and eat a couple cups of the stuff! It's so good. Of course, I will have a good cup of coffee to go along with it.
Vegan Pumpkin Banana Pudding Recipe
Vegan Pumpkin Banana Pudding
- ¼ cup arrowroot powder
- 2 cups oat milk
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin (steamed and puréed, flesh only)
- 1 very ripe banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- In a medium bowl, mix the arrowroot with the oat milk until dissolved.
- Add all the other ingredients and blend it well with an immersion blender (or a mixer).
- It will be about the texture of a cream soup.
- Ladle the purée into 8 greased ½-cup ramekins.
- Bake in the oven at 350F degrees in a water bath for about one hour, until the pudding is thick and doesn't jiggle when you touch it. The top will be a nice, golden brown.
Recipe Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!