Vegetable Dill Stew, made in your slow cooker, is a robust, vegan dish I can eat again and again. Mushrooms, potatoes, onions, fennel…how could it not be amazing?
This delicious slow cooker Vegetable Dill Stew is packed with flavor. The original recipe is based on a recipe called “Three Sisters Stew” from one of my favorite cookbooks, Moosewood Restaurant Low-Fat Favorites cookbook. When in doubt, check Moosewood!
The spices in this recipe are super good. It is colorful, too. I have made it several times, taken it to potlucks, sharing it to rave reviews. It’s a keeper. Give it a try and comment below how you like it.
Going to Moosewood Restaurant has been on my bucket list for many years. Don and I checked off the list this fall when we were in Ithaca, New York.
I love their cookbooks. And I loved their restaurant. This is what I had for lunch…
What You Need
For this recipe, you need a slow cooker, knives, measuring cups and spoons, and a good set of pans, particularly a skillet. Always buy the best you can afford and you’ll never be sorry. Buy cookware that lasts a lifetime.
Vegetable Dill Stew Recipe
Vegetable Dill Stew
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions cut in chunks
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 red pepper cut in chunks
- 1 fennel bulb cut in slices
- 3 carrots peeled and cut in rounds
- 3 stalks of celery diced
- 1 pound of button mushrooms cleaned and quartered
- 8-10 small red potatoes quartered
- 2 cups of vegetable broth
- 1 can chickpeas rinsed
- 1 tablespoon dried dill weed fronds
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- pepper and salt to taste I didn't add either
- Heat the oil in a skillet and sauté the vegetables until slightly browned. I did each vegetable (except the potatoes) one after the other in the skillet, then poured them into the slow cooker.
- Add the potatoes, chickpeas, spices and vinegar. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Affiliate Disclosure: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Recipe Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. Up your recipe repertoire. Add this recipe to your collection. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook and a printable grocery shopping list.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Slow Cooker Red Pasta Sauce
- Slow Cooker Chickpea and Lentil Soup
- French Vegetable Stew
- Roasted Ratatouille with Corn
- Indian Ratatouille
- Mediterranean Chickpea Stew