RECIPE IDEA: My Favorite Banana Bread
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon – Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop. This is my all-time Favorite Banana Bread recipe. Years ago, I adapted it from a Zucchini Cake that I found in a Disabled American Veterans’ cookbook (the kind where many people contribute to the book and they sell it as a fundraiser)—and I’ve been making it ever since.
I like that this bread is very moist and not too sweet. It’s really more like a cake, but I love it sliced and toasted. The recipe makes two loves and it freezes very well.
- 3 eggs
- 1 c. canola oil
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 small can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 3 medium bananas (mashed)
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 & 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 4 c. flour
- 1 c. chopped walnuts
- Combine all ingredients in order listed.
- Mix well.
- Pour into two greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350F degrees for about 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let the loaves cool for about 10-15 minutes, use a butter knife to loosen the sides of the bread from the pan, and then turn them out onto cooling racks. If you try to remove them from the pan too soon, the bottom will stick to the pan.