RECIPE IDEA: Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about some super good Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread.
Our neighbor has a big garden and she always gives us fresh produce. (Thank you, Diane!) Recently, she gave me a couple of large zucchini squash. When zucchini grow past the foot-long stage, I like to use them in casseroles or baked goods.
I made a delicious sweet bread with one of them by modifying my banana bread recipe and adding chocolate chips. It was a definite success! It makes a good coffee cake or dessert for anytime of day.
Read on for recipe and nutrition…
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 small can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Combine all ingredients in order listed.
- Bake at 350F degrees in 2 greased loaf pans (9 inches x 5 inches x 5 inches).
- Bake for one hour or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool 5 minutes and then remove from the pans.
- When cool, slice and eat with butter, cream cheese or simply on its own.