Crab Roll Ups, cheesy delicious appetizers. They have a secret ingredient. Can you guess what it is?
Crab Roll Ups look pretty on a plate, and people love them. They are warm, dripping with butter and crispy on the outside. They come about as close as I get to junk food. If I make them for a holiday party, I admit I pop a few into my mouth and then I talk with my mouth full. “These are SO good!” (Did you know July 21 is “National Junk Food Day?”)
With the butter and American cheese, they are definitely not good for you, but they taste so good. This recipe comes from a next-door neighbor, Leslie Manke, when I lived in Pewaukee, Wisconsin, more than 30 years ago.
Once I ran out of Bob’s Red Mill White Sesame Seeds so I tried it with poppy seeds, and it was good that way, too. But it doesn’t look as good.
What You Need
You will need a measuring cup and a rolling pin to make this recipe. But what you really want is a wonderful serving dish, right?
Crab Roll Ups Recipe
Crab Roll Ups
Warm, delicious bites of cheesy crab in a yummy wrapper.
- 1/2 lb. Velveeta cheese
- 1/2 lb. butter
- 1 4.5 ounce can Lump Crab Meat (drained)
- 20 slices white bread (cheap gummy stuff is the best)
- 1/2 cup White Sesame Seeds
- Melt the cheese and half the butter.
- Stir until well combined.
Add drained crab.
- Trim the crusts off the bread and roll with a rolling pin until paper thin.
- Spread crab mixture on bread and roll up like a jelly roll.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Melt the remaining butter.
- Cut each roll into 4 pieces.
- Dip each piece in the melted butter and then roll it in the sesame seeds.
Broil slowly on each side until the seeds are toasted and the roll-ups are warmed through. (Watch carefully so they don't burn.)
Did you guess the secret ingredient? Yup. Gummy white bread. Who knew that stuff can actually be eaten?
Affiliate Disclosure: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Recipe Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. Up your recipe repertoire. Add this recipe to your collection. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook and a printable grocery shopping list.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Shrimp with Cream Cheese Appetizer
- Authentic Middle Eastern Hummus
- Deviled Eggs
- Coconut Shrimp
- Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
- Grandma’s No Cook Refrigerator Pickles
- Risotto Stuffed Peppers
BEFORE YOU GO, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?