Egg-y Potato Salad, a cross between egg salad and potato salad. Creamy and crunchy. So scrumptious.
Egg-y Potato Salad
Hi. This is Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop, talking about my Egg-y Potato Salad. This potato salad is a cross between egg salad and potato salad, and it is my favorite potato salad recipe.
I learned how to make this Eggy-y Potato Salad from my mom. Two of the key ingredients for her recipe are hard-boiled eggs and sliced radishes. She spoiled me. I love it that way too, and so does my family. The eggs make it richer and the radishes spice it up just a bit. It’s also pretty because there are so many colors—red, yellow, green. There’s still time for a good old-fashioned picnic or backyard barbecue.
Potato Salad is good for a picnic, potluck or a formal luncheon or dinner. It’s an excellent starchy side dish that most people love. Please tell me what you think when you try it. Be sure to comment on the post!
What You Need
You’ll need a knife, cutting board and set of pans for this recipe. But while you are shopping, how about a grill? And always buy the best tools you can afford so they last a lifetime.
Egg-y Potato Salad Recipe
Egg-y Potato Salad
- 10-12 small red potatoes (or white russet potatoes)
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 medium green or red pepper (diced)
- 1 medium yellow onion (chopped)
- 3 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 small package radishes (cleaned and sliced thin)
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip salad dressing (or reduce to 1/4 cup if you don't like it so creamy)
- Salt & pepper as desired
- If you are using red potatoes, leave the skins on and cut in small chunks. (I always peel the russet potatoes when I use these.)
Boil potatoes in a pan on top of the stove until the potatoes are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain, rinse and soak in cold water until cool.
- Cook the eggs until hard boiled.
- Cool, remove the shells and slice the eggs into small chunks.
- Mix all ingredients and taste to adjust seasonings.
- Refrigerate at least an hour before serving.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Egg-y Potato Salad Nutrition
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Top 10 Picnic Salads
- French Potato Salad
- Egg Salad
- Best Grilled Dry Rub Ribs
- Don’s Grilled Vegetables
- Homemade Coleslaw
- Easy BBQ Sauce