Egg-y Potato Salad, a cross between egg salad and potato salad. Creamy and crunchy. So scrumptious.
Egg-y Potato Salad
Hi. This is Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop, talking about my Egg-y Potato Salad. This potato salad is a cross between egg salad and potato salad, and it is my favorite potato salad recipe.
I learned how to make this Eggy-y Potato Salad from my mom. Two of the key ingredients for her recipe are hard-boiled eggs and sliced radishes. She spoiled me. I love it that way too, and so does my family. The eggs make it richer and the radishes spice it up just a bit. It's also pretty because there are so many colors—red, yellow, and green. There's still time for a good old-fashioned picnic or backyard barbecue.
Potato Salad is good for a picnic, potluck or a formal luncheon or dinner. It's an excellent starchy side dish that most people love. Please tell me what you think when you try it. Be sure to comment on the post!
What You Need
You'll need a knife, cutting board, and a set of pans for this recipe. And always buy the best tools you can afford so they last a lifetime.
Egg-y Potato Salad Recipe
Egg-y Potato Salad
- 10-12 small red potatoes or white russet potatoes
- 6 eggs
- ½ medium green or red pepper diced
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 1 small package radishes cleaned and sliced thin
- ½ teaspoon yellow mustard
- ½ cup Miracle Whip salad dressing or reduce to ¼ cup if you don't like it so creamy
- Salt & pepper as desired
- If you are using red potatoes, leave the skins on and cut in small chunks. (I always peel the russet potatoes when I use these.)
- Boil potatoes in a pan on top of the stove until the potatoes are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Drain, rinse and soak in cold water until cool.
- Cook the eggs until hard boiled.
- Cool, remove the shells and slice the eggs into small chunks.
- Mix all ingredients and taste to adjust seasonings.
- Refrigerate at least an hour before serving.
Recipe Nutrition Information
This recipe is GF, DF, NF, V*
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Nourish Your Body & Soul
I encourage you to care of yourself by eating satisfying, nourishing food that is good for your body and makes you feel healthy. Protect your spirit by living authentically, moving your body, and taking time to replenish and rest. I think you might also like these recipes & posts from Recipe Idea Shop:
- Top 10 Picnic Salads
- French Potato Salad
- Egg Salad
- Best Grilled Dry Rub Ribs
- Don’s Grilled Vegetables
- Homemade Coleslaw
- Easy BBQ Sauce
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes and posts, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
GF = Gluten free | DF = Dairy free | NF = Nut free | SF = Soy free | EF = Egg free | CF = Corn free | V = Vegetarian | VG = Vegan
Note: If you have serious allergies or sensitivities, to be considered free of these allergens, you need to use products specifically marked "gluten free," etc. There can be cross-contamination in facilities.
This post was first published on Recipe Idea Shop August 18, 2011 and updated April 28, 2021.
Last Updated on May 11, 2022 by Adriana