This delicately flavored South Beach Lemon Garlic Grilled Salmon has a light lemon rosemary sauce on it and it takes only 12 minutes from start to finish, including grilling! Flaky and juicy, it's a favorite!
South Beach Lemon Garlic Grilled Salmon won't taste like diet food.
I love fish, especially salmon. And I love to eat, but I want to maintain my weight. So when the trouser waist starts to get a bit snug I reach for The South Beach Diet cookbook by Arthur Agatston (affiliate link). The recipes in this cookbook are delicious, and I am easily able to lose weight when I follow the plan. This is Don, by the way. Lois enjoys the SB food, but doesn't like diets!
Salmon is one of those fish we can buy frozen that tastes remarkably like the fresh version; so we always have it on hand. This recipe is delightful cooked on our grill.
We have a Char-Broil Classic 4-Burner Gas Grill (affiliate link). It works well and we love it. Grilling keeps the heat out of the kitchen and the food tastes so good. Don't you agree?
Salmon has become a summer and winter staple whether or not I'm doing the South Beach Diet regimen. We have a rosemary bush in our garden. They are easy to tend and the fresh leaves add delightful flavor to dishes such as this one.
This grilled salmon goes well with simple rice and steamed asparagus. Add an Avocado and Raspberry Salad and you have a beautiful supper.
What You Need
For this recipe, you will need some measuring spoons, a platter or plate, and an outdoor or indoor grill. Whatever you buy, buy the best you can afford.
South Beach Lemon Garlic Grilled Salmon Recipe
- 2 pieces of salmon about ¼ pound each fresh or frozen and thawed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
- 2 Garlic cloves minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh Rosemary leaves
- Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and rosemary leaves.
- Place the salmon on a platter or dish, skin side down.
- Brush the oil and lemon mixture over the salmon.
- Let stand a room temperature while the grill is heating.
- Spray the grill rack with cooking oil.
- Place the salmon skin side down on the grill rack.
- Grill for 6 to 8 minutes for a piece about an inch thick. When it flakes easily, it is done.
- Remove from the grill to a serving platter and garnish with sprigs of rosemary.
More Salmon Recipes You'll Love
Lois Carter Crawford is an author, home chef, health advocate, and food coach who fought her way back from several debilitating health issues, including a moderate heart attack! She discovered that inflammation caused by the food she ate was the underlying cause of most of her health problems and developed a method and tools to help others research their food sensitivities.