This Easy Eggs Benedict Recipe uses English Muffins and packaged Hollandaise Sauce. Eggs Benedict is a favorite special breakfast in many homes. You don't have to go to a restaurant to eat this amazing delight!
Easy Eggs Benedict Recipe with Hollandaise Sauce
April 16 is National Eggs Benedict Day. What a good reason to repost one of my favorite breakfast meals, Eggs Benedict. It's simply a toasted English Muffin, topped by turkey bacon, a Poached Egg, and a bit of Hollandaise Sauce.
You just can't beat the delicious combination of flavors and proteins. This dish looks beautiful on a plate and is not hard to make, especially if you cheat and use a high-quality packaged Hollandaise Sauce, such as Knorr's Hollandaise Sauce (affiliate link). It's as simple as making poached eggs and toast.
You start with Poached Eggs and a good English Muffin, like Bay's English Muffins (affiliate link) or Homemade English Muffins (Don's English Muffins), add some thin-sliced turkey bacon and some Hollandaise sauce. For a change of pace (and one I much prefer!), try substituting Smoked Salmon (affiliate link) for turkey bacon.
What You Need
For this recipe, you need some good pots and pans, measuring cups and spoons, a wire whisk, and a slotted spoon. Whatever you buy, buy the best you can afford. But what you really want is a fabulous espresso machine, am I right?
Easy Eggs Benedict Recipe
- 1 English muffin toasted
- 4 slices Turkey Bacon warmed (or 1 ounce smoked salmon)
- 2 poached eggs
- 2-4 teaspoons Hollandaise Sauce
- 1 dash Paprika for garnish
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
Make Hollandaise Sauce
- Make the Hollandaise Sauce according to the directions on the package. Knorr's Hollandaise Sauce calls for a cup of milk and ¼ cup of butter or margarine. It makes enough for 4-6 servings, and takes about 15 minutes to make.
- Heat a deep skillet or pot of water.
- Break the eggs into the boiling water.
- To prevent sticking in the pan, add about 1 tablespoon white vinegar to the water.
- Turn the temperature down to medium.
- If the eggs are not entirely submerged in the water, ladle or splash the hot water over top of them until they are done to your standards. I like mine runny, so it doesn't take long, maybe 1 minute. If you prefer them a bit harder, just cook them longer until they look to be about the doneness you prefer.
Toast Muffins & Heat Bacon
- While the eggs are cooking, toast the muffins and heat the turkey bacon for 15-20 seconds in the microwave.
Put It Together
- Put 2 slices of turkey bacon on top of each muffin half.
- Scoop the eggs out of the water with a slotted spoon and let them drain over the pan for a bit.
- Add them to the top of the bacon.
- Spoon a little sauce over top and sprinkle with paprika to make it pretty.
- Serve immediately.
More Recipes With Eggs
- How to Make Poached Eggs
- Homemade English Muffins
- Elegant Coddled Eggs
- How to Make Soft Boiled Eggs
- Roasted Eggplant Quinoa Salad (excellent with a poached egg on top)
- Basting Eggs
Leave a Reply