Pimento Cheese Spread, a tasty Southern recipe for pimiento cheese sandwiches.
Pimento Cheese Spread
Hi. It's Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop. This Pimento Cheese Spread recipe is one of our kids' favorites. Don's mom, Momma Betty, made it frequently. She was a big fan of mayonnaise. In fact, when she made a sandwich, she said, "Just slather it on!" Pimento Cheese Spread is especially good on Dillie Bread.
This is quick and easy to make—especially if you have a food processor to shred/chop the cheese. We always keep a small jar of pimentos in our pantry in case we want to whip some up. It makes a terrific appetizer or party food, too.
It's a scrumptious addition to any picnic. Pack some in your lunch when you hike at the Shenandoah National Park.
More Yummy Recipes To Try
- Portabella Reuben Sandwich
- New Old Fashioned Mac & Cheese
- Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- Stuffed Mushrooms (Vegetarian)
- Easy Russian Dressing
- Chicago Style Italian Beef Sandwich
- Slow Cooker Corned Beef
Pimento Cheese Spread Recipe
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar Cheese freshly shredded is best
- 1 small jar diced Centos Pimientos drained
- ½ cup Kraft Mayonnaise
- 8 drops of Tabasco Sauce
- Mix all of the ingredients.
- You can add more or less mayo to your liking.
- Serve on bread as a sandwich, or use it as a dip with crackers or raw vegetables.