Fruit Parfait made with Crumbled Gluten Free Cookies is a delicious summertime dessert. So simple.
What's a Fruit Parfait?
A Fruit Parfait is a dessert alternates whipped cream with fruit, and in this recipe, with crumbled shortbread cookies. Summer is the best time to make it because all the fruit is fresh and in-season. I made a serendipity dessert (er...read mistake!), Gluten Free Cookie Crumble Fruit Parfait, and it has become one of my favorite summertime desserts.
How did it happen? Some time ago, when I made my Gluten Free Coconut Cream Pie, I wanted to use my Gluten Free Shortbread Cookies recipe in it. When I looked for it, I found I had never posted the recipe on our site, and I decided to make some. But I put the bar cookies in a pan that was too big for the recipe and they were too thin to cut and easily remove from the pan. When I took them out, I saw they were too crumbly. Not being one to waste a good cookie, I crumbled them and put them with fresh fruit and whipped cream. (Now that I know I need to avoid dairy, I make them with Coconut Whipped Cream.)
The result? Gluten Free Cookie Crumble Fruit Parfait! It was so good. And the cookies only have three ingredients. Gluten free and so delicious.
What do you think? Does it look worth eating? It was so scrumptious! I know you're gonna wanna eat this.
What You Need
To make the whipped cream, you need a mixer. The cookie requires measuring cups and spoons, an electric mixer, and a cake pan (9x12) or a small baking sheet. Get yourself some beautiful parfait glasses, too!
Cookie Crumble Fruit Parfait Recipe
Gluten Free Shortbread Cookie Crumble Ingredients:
- ¾ cup turbinado or granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
Fruit & Whipped Cream Ingredients:
- 2 cups berries any kind, such as raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, rinsed & sliced if necessary
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup Whipped Cream or 1 small can Redi-Whip Whipped Cream
Gluten Free Shortbread Cookie Crumble Directions:
- Heat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Mix in flour, half a cup at a time, until all the flour is incorporated. The dough will be crumbly, like course meal.
- Press dough evenly onto a greased jelly roll sheet pan (cookie sheet).
- Bake at 350F degrees for about 20 minutes until beginning to brown.
- Cool the cookie and crumble into small pieces.
- Spread the brown sugar evenly over the berries and mix to coat.
To Assemble the Parfait:
- Put a little of the sugared berries in a pretty glass.
- Add a couple tablespoons of whipped cream.
- Top with cookie crumbles.
- Repeat all three layers. Serve immediately.
You May Also Like These Recipes
- Gluten Free Shortbread Cookies
- Chocolate Cherry Squares
- Coconut Cream Pie with Shortbread Crust
- Danish Sugar Cookies
- Coconut Kiss Cookies
- Sadie’s Brown Sugar Sugar Cookies
Lois Carter Crawford is an author, home chef, health advocate, and food coach who fought her way back from several debilitating health issues, including a moderate heart attack! She discovered that inflammation caused by the food she ate was the underlying cause of most of her health problems and developed a method and tools to help others research their food sensitivities.