Fruit Parfait made with Crumbled Gluten Free Cookies is a delicious summertime dessert. So simple.
What’s a Fruit Parfait?
A Fruit Parfait is a dessert alternates whipped cream with fruit, and in this recipe, with crumbled shortbread cookies. Summer is the best time to make it because all the fruit is fresh and in-season. I made a serendipity dessert (er…read mistake!), Gluten Free Cookie Crumble Fruit Parfait, and it has become one of my favorite summertime desserts.
How did it happen? Some time ago, when I made my Gluten Free Coconut Cream Pie, I wanted to use my Gluten Free Shortbread Cookies recipe in it. When I looked for it, I found I had never posted the recipe on our site, and I decided to make some. But I put the bar cookies in a pan that was too big for the recipe and they were too thin to cut and easily remove from the pan. When I took them out, I saw they were too crumbly. Not being one to waste a good cookie, I crumbled them and put them with fresh fruit and whipped cream. (Now that I know I need to avoid dairy, I make them with Coconut Whipped Cream.)
The result? Gluten Free Cookie Crumble Fruit Parfait! It was so good. And the cookies only have three ingredients. Gluten free and so delicious.
What do you think? Does it look worth eating? It was so scrumptious! I know you’re gonna wanna eat this.
What You Need
To make the whipped cream, you need a mixer. The cookie requires measuring cups and spoons, an electric mixer, and a cake pan (9×12) or a small baking sheet. Get yourself some beautiful parfait glasses, too!
Fruit Parfait with Cookie Crumble Recipe
Cookie Crumble Fruit Parfait
Gluten Free Shortbread Cookie Crumble Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup turbinado or granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
Fruit & Whipped Cream Ingredients:
- 2 cups berries any kind, such as raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, rinsed & sliced if necessary
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup Whipped Cream or 1 small can Redi-Whip Whipped Cream
Gluten Free Shortbread Cookie Crumble Directions:
- Heat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Mix in flour, half a cup at a time, until all the flour is incorporated. The dough will be crumbly, like course meal.
- Press dough evenly onto a greased jelly roll sheet pan (cookie sheet).
- Bake at 350F degrees for about 20 minutes until beginning to brown.
- Cool the cookie and crumble into small pieces.
- Spread the brown sugar evenly over the berries and mix to coat.
To Assemble the Parfait:
- Put a little of the sugared berries in a pretty glass.
- Add a couple tablespoons of whipped cream.
- Top with cookie crumbles.
- Repeat all three layers. Serve immediately.
Affiliate Disclosure: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Recipe Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. Up your recipe repertoire. Add this recipe to your collection. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook and a printable grocery shopping list.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Gluten Free Shortbread Cookies
- Chocolate Cherry Squares
- Coconut Cream Pie with Shortbread Crust
- Danish Sugar Cookies
- Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Coconut Kiss Cookies
- Sadie’s Brown Sugar Sugar Cookies
BEFORE YOU GO, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?