RECIPE IDEA: Gluten Free Cookie Crumble Fruit Parfait
Hi. It’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about a serendipity dessert, Gluten Free Cookie Crumble Fruit Parfait. After I made the Gluten Free Coconut Cream Pie last week, I realized I didn’t have the Gluten Free Shortbread Cookies recipe posted on our site, so I decided to make some.
But I put the bar cookies in a pan that was too big for the recipe and they were too thin to cut and easily remove from the pan. When I took them out, I saw they were too crumbly. Not being one to waste a good cookie, I crumbled them and put them with fresh fruit and whipped cream.
The result? Gluten Free Cookie Crumble Fruit Parfait! It was so good. And the cookies only have three ingredients. Gluten free and so delicious. I’ll have some for lunch soon. And I’ll make another proper batch of Gluten Free Shortbread Cookies soon.
What do you think? Does it look worth eating? It was so scrumptious! I know you’re gonna wanna eat this.
BUT FIRST, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?
Cookie Crumble Fruit Parfait
Gluten Free Shortbread Cookie Crumble Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup turbinado or granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
Fruit & Whipped Cream Ingredients:
- 2 cups berries any kind, such as raspberries, blackberries, strawberries, rinsed & sliced if necessary
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup Whipped Cream or 1 small can Redi-Whip Whipped Cream
Gluten Free Shortbread Cookie Crumble Directions:
- Heat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Mix in flour, half a cup at a time, until all the flour is incorporated. The dough will be crumbly, like course meal.
- Press dough evenly onto a greased jelly roll sheet pan (cookie sheet).
- Bake at 350F degrees for about 20 minutes until beginning to brown.
- Cool the cookie and crumble into small pieces.
- Spread the brown sugar evenly over the berries and mix to coat.
To Assemble the Parfait:
- Put a little of the sugared berries in a pretty glass.
- Add a couple tablespoons of whipped cream.
- Top with cookie crumbles.
- Repeat all three layers. Serve immediately.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon – Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.