Holiday Spritz Cookies are easy. The recipe makes loads of them, and the kids can make them all by themselves. Top them with melted chocolate or sprinkles. They make a super option for Christmas cookies.
You can make these cookies with your kids or grandkids. They have so much fun using the “gun” (cookie dough press) to shoot the Holiday Spritz Cookies out on the pans. It’s a talent to get the cookie sizes all the same, but they will have fun trying. And then there’s the decorating.
Use An Electric Cookie Press
When I made decided to make these Holiday Spritz Cookies, I could not find my electric Wear-Ever Super Shooter Cookie Press. What a disaster. I finally called my neighbor and borrowed hers, but hers was not electric. It was manual.
I’m an idiot when it comes to putting things together, and I totally broke the darn thing. And THEN I found my electric cookie press. (Trust me, it’s SO much easier with the electric version.) So I had to go out and buy my neighbor a new Wilson cookie press. One note of caution, don’t chill the dough. It needs to be room temperature or it will break the press.
Holiday Spritz Cookies are sweet and pretty. You can make them in star shapes, flowers, or long snake-like lines and many other shapes. Add a little food coloring to some of the dough and your cookie plate will be very pretty. The cookies are crispy and tasty. I make some of them green and add peppermint flavoring. I often make some red with vanilla extract, and I make some without food coloring with almond flavoring. I like the almond ones dipped in chocolate.
What’s your favorite holiday cookie? Trust me, you’re gonna love these.
What You Need
For this recipe, you need measuring cups and spoons, an electric mixer, mixing bowls, and a cookie press. You’re also gonna want some excellent coffee, right?
Holiday Spritz Cookies Recipe (Gluten Free)
Holiday Spritz Cookies Recipe
Simple pressed sugar cookie. You will need a spritz "gun" to make these.
- 1 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or almond or pepperment
- 2-1/4 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Mix Flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Colored sugar
- Heat oven to 400F degrees.
- Mix well: butter, sugar, egg, salt, and vanilla (or other flavoring).
- Add flour, a little at a time, and mix until all flour is thoroughly blended.
- Fill the cookie press with dough and force the dough through it onto an ungreased cookie sheet, using whatever shapes you prefer.
- If you are using colored sugar as the only topping, sprinkle it on before you bake the cookies. You can also sprinkle it over the cookie after it is baked if you are dipping it in chocolate.
- Bake the cookies 6-9 minutes, or until set but not brown. (The cookies shown are a little over-done. If they get brown around the edges, they will be somewhat dry.)
- Cool cookies on a rack.
- Melt chocolate chips while cookies are cooling.
- Dip part of each cookie in chocolate and set aside on wax paper or parchment paper to cool and set.
- For additional decorations, sprinkle with colored sugar (or other such toppings), if desired.
Affiliate Disclosure:Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Recipe Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. Up your recipe repertoire. Add this recipe to your collection. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook and a printable grocery shopping list.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Sadie’s Brown Sugar Sugar Cookies
- Danish Sugar Cookies (Gluten Free)
- Coconut Kiss Cookies (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Shortbread Cookies (Gluten Free)
- Chocolate Cherry Squares
- Homemade Peanut Butter Cookies (Gluten Free)