Gluten Free Tomato Basil Quiche, such a wonderful breakfast or brunch option. Oh, heck. Have it for supper, too!
Gluten Free Tomato Basil Quiche
Hi, it’s Lois at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about my Gluten Free Tomato Basil Quiche. I made this for breakfast a week ago and it was delicious. Since there were leftovers, I took it to Quaker Meeting to share at our Friendly Meal (potluck luncheon). Every scrap of it was gone in no time. I also brought a Gluten Free Tomato Basil Pie (no eggs), which was terrific, so it was hard to choose what to eat!
Both are made in a similar manner, except with the quiche, you pour in four beaten eggs, upping the protein for your meal.
Be careful when you roll out the pie crust. Make it thin in the center. Don says I should have folded the outside crust (around the rim) over on itself to make it thicker, and I needed to make the center of the crust thinner. Mine got a wee bit soggy and the outside was a bit crispy. I’ll keep trying. But the flavor was terrific. I used Bob’s Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Baking Flour, and it worked great.
This was a wonderful breakfast meal, and it’s good for a brunch or potluck, too. Do let me know how you like it when you make it. I know you’re gonna wanna eat this.
Gluten Free Tomato Basil Quiche
- 1 sweet gluten free pie crust
- 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 4 Roma tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 cup basil sliced with Chiffonade style
- 1-1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese or Parmesan
- 4 large eggs beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the pie crust in a greased 9" pie pan. Press the pie crust evenly over the pie plate. Crimp or fold the edges of the crust around the outside.
- Using a medium skillet, heat the oil and add the onion. Sauté until the onion begins to brown.
- Spread the onions over the pie crust bottom.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese over the onions.
- Sprinkle 1/3 of the basil leaves over the cheese.
- Slice the tomatoes and place 1/3 of them in a single layer over the basil and cheese.
- Add 1/3 of the cheese, sprinkled over the top of the tomatoes.
- Repeat layers (except onions).
- Pour the beaten eggs over the layers.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 375F degrees for about 20 minutes, or until the eggs fully set.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving. The quiche can be served hot or at room temperature.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon – Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.
Want More Recipes Like This?
If you want more delicious recipes, please sign up for our free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Tomato Basil Pie
- Asparagus Tomato Frittata
- Spinach Red Pepper Frittata
- Bacon Artichoke Kalamata Frittata
- Mushroom Omelet
BEFORE YOU GO, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?