Spinach Red Pepper Frittata. Pretty. Easy. Super delicious.
Spinach Red Pepper Frittata with Smoked Salmon and Olives, Delicioso!
Don here. A Spinach Red Pepper Frittata with Smoked Salmon and Olives is the perfect Saturday breakfast. I enjoy making a beautiful breakfast for Lois and myself when I have the time to do it. Frittatas look much harder to make than they actually are. Trust me. You can do this. And you're gonna love it.
Most workdays I have my eyes propped open with toothpicks and my brain is still sleeping when I have to trudge off to work. So I eat something simple like a bowl of Homemade Granola or some Fried Eggs.
>Don't get me wrong. I love my work. I have just never been an early morning person. I am looking forward to retirement when I can sleep until I wake up. Eat whatever I want for breakfast. And read the paper all the way through before I get on with my day. It's not much longer now, I plan to work a little less than 18 months more. Then I'll have Spinach Red Pepper Frittata with Smoked Salmon and Olives every day for breakfast. (Just kidding.)
We use a cast iron skillet to make frittatas. The 10 inch is perfect for two people. Do you have one of these?
Spinach Red Pepper Frittata Recipe
Spinach Red Pepper Frittata
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup smoked salmon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- ¼ cup sliced kalamata or black olives
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Using a 10-inch cast iron skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until hot.
- Sauté onions and bell pepper until soft. Set aside.
- Sauté spinach until it wilts. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk eggs until blended. Add milk and spices, mix, and pour the egg mixture into the well oiled cast iron skillet.
- Spread the sautéd vegetables and shredded salmon over the egg mixture.
- Cook over medium heat until the egg mixture is nearly set.
- Place the skillet a couple of inches below the broiler element and broil until lightly browned, about 3-5 minutes.
- Garnish with the olives.
- Sprinkle with grated Romano cheese or serve with a dollop of sour cream.
Spinach Red Pepper Frittata Nutrition
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.