Spinach Red Pepper Frittata. Pretty. Easy. Super delicious.
Spinach Red Pepper Frittata with Smoked Salmon and Olives—Delicioso!
We use a cast iron skillet to make frittatas. The 10 inch is perfect for two people. Do you have one of these?
Spinach Red Pepper Frittata Recipe
Spinach Red Pepper Frittata
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup smoked salmon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup sliced kalamata or black olives
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Using a 10-inch cast iron skillet, heat the oil over medium heat until hot.
- Sauté onions and bell pepper until soft. Set aside.
- Sauté spinach until it wilts. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk eggs until blended. Add milk and spices, mix, and pour the egg mixture into the well oiled cast iron skillet.
- Spread the sautéd vegetables and shredded salmon over the egg mixture.
- Cook over medium heat until the egg mixture is nearly set.
- Place the skillet a couple of inches below the broiler element and broil until lightly browned, about 3-5 minutes.
- Garnish with the olives.
- Sprinkle with grated Romano cheese or serve with a dollop of sour cream.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon – Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.
Spinach Red Pepper Frittata Nutrition
Want More Recipes Like This?
If you want more delicious recipes, please sign up for our free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Tomato Basil Pie
- Gluten Free Tomato Basil Quiche
- Bacon Artichoke Kalamata Frittata
- Mushroom Omelet
- Elegant Coddled Eggs
BEFORE YOU GO, DID YOU GRAB YOUR FREE COOKBOOK?