Prepare to tantalize your taste buds with the delicious blend of flavors in our mouthwatering recipe for Grilled Cabbage and Carrots.
Fire up the grill and watch as these humble vegetables undergo a magical transformation, becoming charred and caramelized to perfection. The smoky aroma will entice you, while the carrots' natural sweetness and the cabbage's subtle bitterness create a delightful balance. With just a few simple ingredients and a grill, you can elevate these everyday veggies into a culinary masterpiece.
I've been seeing grilled cabbage steaks posted on Facebook. My daughter, who doesn't eat most vegetables, said she loves grilled cabbage steaks. (I was SHOCKED!) So I decided to try them.
Here's what I did:
Grilled Cabbage and Carrots Recipe
- ½ head cabbage
- 3 carrots
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cut the cabbage into ½-inch slices
- Peel the carrots and cut them into 2-inch chunks
- If the carrots are big, slice them in half lengthwise
- Brush the vegetables with oil.
- Rub the clove garlic over the cabbage slices.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Grill over medium heat for about 7-10 minutes a side until nicely browned and crisp-tender.
Lois Carter Crawford is an author, home chef, health advocate, and food coach who fought her way back from several debilitating health issues, including a moderate heart attack! She discovered that inflammation caused by the food she ate was the underlying cause of most of her health problems and developed a method and tools to help others research their food sensitivities.