Chinese Chicken Stir Fry is a quick supper. Just about any vegetables will do. It’s all in the sauce.
Chinese Chicken Stir Fry
Hi. It’s Lois, telling you about a wonderful stir fry we call Chinese Chicken Stir Fry. Our daughter Roni loves this recipe, and when she lived at home, she asked for it all the time.
The vegetables vary each time because I usually use whatever vegetables I have in the refrigerator. My refrigerator was pretty bare today so I used some frozen vegetables instead of fresh ones. Learn how to make the sauce and it will always be awesome. The hardest part is chopping the veggies.
What You Need
For this recipe, you need knives, a cutting board, measuring cups and spoons, a wire whisk and a big sauté pan or a wok. Kitchen Bouquet Browning and Seasoning Sauce (affiliate link) is a useful flavoring to keep on hand. It makes gravy brown and adds a wonderful flavor to it.
Chinese Chicken Stir Fry RecipePrint
Chinese Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
Chinese Chicken Stir Fry is a 30-minute recipe. Serve this slightly spicy chicken with vegetables and sauce over rice.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Chicken, Main Course
- Cuisine: American, Chinese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 skinless chicken tenders (cubed)
- 1 medium onion (cut in chunks or sliced)
- 3 carrots (peeled and cut in rounds)
- 2 sticks of celery (sliced in 1″ pieces)
- 2 bags of frozen vegetables (your choice)
- 2 cups water
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon Kitchen Bouquet seasoning
- ⅛ teaspoon ground coriander
- 2–3 tablespoons Lite soy sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Heat the oil in a wok or a large frying pan.
- Sauté the chicken in the oil until nearly done.
- Transfer the chicken to a bowl or a platter and set it aside.
- Sauté the onion, carrots and celery until crisp tender.
- Add the frozen vegetables, 2 cups of water and bouillon and cook for a few minutes.
- Dissolve the cornstarch in the remaining water and add this to the vegetables.
- Add the spices and stir to combine.
- Return the chicken to the pot and cook a couple of minutes until everything is hot and the sauce is thick (like gravy).
- Serve over rice.
Keywords: Chinese chicken, Chinese Chicken stir fry
Affiliate Disclosure: This website may contain affiliate marketing links, which means we may get paid commission on sales of those products or services we write about, including Amazon. Editorial content is not influenced by advertisers or affiliate partnerships. This disclosure is provided in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR § 255.5: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.
Recipe Nutrition Information
This recipe is GF, DF, NF, EF*
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Nourish Your Body & Soul
I encourage you to care of yourself by eating satisfying, nourishing food that is good for your body and makes you feel healthy. Protect your spirit by living authentically, moving your body, and taking time to replenish and rest. I think you might also like these recipes & posts from Recipe Idea Shop:
- Peanut Chicken Stir Fry
- How to Make Sticky Rice
- Chicken and Collards
- Croatian Grilled Chicken
- Easy Non-dairy Chicken Curry
Sign Up For Updates To Get Tips, Recipes & Free Gifts
I think you’re gonna love our recipes and healthy, happy posts. Sign up for our email updates t o get free gifts, recipes, happy thoughts, and tips for identifying and avoiding foods that are sabotaging your health.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!
Chinese Chicken Stir Fry. Easy 30-min recipe. #chinesechickenstirfry #chinesechicken #chinesestirfry #chickenstirfry #stirfry #chickenrecipes #recipes #recipeideashop
GF = Gluten free | DF = Dairy free | NF = Nut free | SF = Soy free | EF = Egg free | CF = Corn free | V = Vegetarian | VG = Vegan
Note: If you have serious allergies or sensitivities, to be considered free of these allergens, you need to use products specifically marked “gluten free,” etc. There can be cross-contamination in facilities.
This post was first published on Recipe Idea Shop February 2, 2011 and updated May 14, 2021.