Grilled Herbed Salmon Salad
Light luncheon of lettuce, vegetables and grilled salmon with balsamic vinaigrette
- Author: Lois Carter Crawford
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Main Course, Salad
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 head of Romaine lettuce or kale
- 1 avocado (peeled, seeded and cut into bits or slices)
- 1 broccoli crown (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 10 Kalamata olives
Grilled Herbed Salmon
- 2 salmon pieces (skin on, about 4 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
To Make the Salad
- Wash, cut and dry (by hand or with a salad spinner) the Romaine and divide it between two plates.
- Top the Romaine with the avocado pieces and broccoli florets.
- The Kalamata olives can be served whole as a garnish, or sliced and spread on top of the salad.
Cooking the Grilled Herbed Salmon
- Coat the salmon with the olive oil and sprinkle the herbes de Provence over the top.
- Grill over medium heat for about 4-5 minutes a side, until the salmon is flaky. Do not overcook or it will be dry.
- Remove the skin before placing the warm, grilled salmon on top of the salad.
- Serve with Balsamic Vinaigrette or any salad dressing you prefer.
- Serving Size: 4 ounces
- Calories: 622
Keywords: Grilled Herbed Salmon Salad, salmon