This Ham and Cheese Omelet is scrumptious. It’s easy to make and done in 20 minutes. You will love it.
Ham and Cheese Omelet
Don here, telling you about my Ham and Cheese Omelet. If you’ve been browsing Recipe Idea Shop for while, you’ll see we are big fans of omelets. I think that’s because they are so quick to fix at the spur of the moment.
I usually just open the refrigerator and take out what looks good. This one is a standby for us when we have left-over ham. I leave the cheese out for Lois, but when she’s not around, I love Swiss, cheddar, mozzarella, gouda, any kind. She loves cheese too, but she can’t eat it. So I support her diet restrictions and leave it out of mine when she’s around, too.
Ham and Cheese Omelet Recipe
Ham and Cheese Omelet
Everyone knows Ham and Cheese go together. This Ham and Cheese Omelet is SO good.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1/2 cup ham (cut into small pieces)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- salt (to taste)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 1/4 cup black olives (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
- Heat half the butter or olive oil in a small sauté pan.
- When it’s melted and begins to sizzle, add the ham and cook, stirring frequently until it begins to pop.
- Set aside and keep warm.
Beat the eggs, nutmeg, salt (if using) and pepper until frothy.
- Heat the remaining butter or oil in an omelet pan or skillet until hot.
- Add the egg mixture.
Cook until nearly set, then turn the eggs over.
- Add the ham, placing it on one-half of the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella over the ham.
- Fold the other half of the eggs over the top of the cheese and remove from heat.
- Let sit for a minute or two for the cheese to melt.
- To serve, cut the omelet in half and place one half on each of two plates.
- Garnish with a dollop of sour cream and a few black olives, if you wish.
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon — Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Tools You Gotta Have
You will need a good set of pans and some decent knives, plus the usual measuring cups and spoons. If you are buying pans and knives, go for the good stuff.
Ham and Cheese Omelet Nutrition
Want More Recipes Like This?
If you want more delicious recipes, please sign up for our free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Steak and Eggs Omelet
- Mushroom Omelet
- Tomato Basil Pie
- Asparagus Tomato Frittata
- Spinach Red Pepper Frittata
- Smoked Salmon Frittata
- Bacon Artichoke Kalamata Frittata