Herbed Dill Dressing is a light vinaigrette that is delicious over shrimp, fish, pork, chicken or a simple salad. And so easy.
Herbed Dill Dressing is a South Beach Phase 1 compliant recipe.
Herbed Dill Vinaigrette takes just a few minutes to make and has just 8 ingredients. It is super light and delicious. It comes from the South Beach Diet, which Don and I follow once or twice a year to take off a few pounds and reset our metabolisms, especially after the winter holidays.
I modified it a bit because I prefer the vinaigrette creamy and I don't like big chunks of onion or too much garlic. So I use my mini food processor and it's a snap to make.
What You Need
For this recipe you need measuring cups and spoons, a wire whisk (if you are not using a food processor), knife, cutting board, and a mini food processor (just to make your life easy). Whatever tools you buy, be sure to buy the best you can afford. You will never be sorry.
Herbed Dill Dressing Recipe
Herbed Dill Dressing (Vinaigrette)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil extra virgin
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill chopped, fronds only; or 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- ¼ teaspoon minced garlic (about 1 clove, minced)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- Place all the ingredients in your mini food processor and process until smooth.
- Or, chop the ingredients fine, put them in a bowl, and whisk until smooth.
Recipe Nutrition Information
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist's advice.
RATE, PIN & SHARE!
Please Rate our recipes, and Pin and Share them on social media. Comments are welcome, too!