RECIPE IDEA: Molasses Honey Vinaigrette
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon – Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. This posting includes affiliate links.
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about a super yummy Molasses Honey Vinaigrette. This Molasses Honey Vinaigrette recipe is terrific over a warm Sweet Potato, Onion and Pecan Salad. It comes from Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings by Michele Anna Jordan, and it is gluten free and vegan. She suggests also putting it over collard greens cooked with ham hocks. I think it would be good over a bitter greens salad, too.
Hint: When mincing shallots, you can peel them, cut them in half and use a garlic press to get them just the right size.
Read on for recipe and nutrition…
- 2 tablespoons molasses, warmed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons toasted chopped pecans (optional)
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Put the molasses and honey in a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add the vinegar, salt, shallot, pecans and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Add the olive oil and whisk.
- Taste and adjust sweetness as desired.
- Use immediately or store at room temperature for up to three days.
- Makes about 2 cups.