Balsamic Vinaigrette. So much better than store-bought dressing. And it takes 8 minutes to make.
Balsamic Vinaigrette, Delicious on Grilled Vegetables, Salad or Chicken
Hi. It’s Lois in the kitchen at Recipe Idea Shop, telling you about a terrific Balsamic Vinaigrette. We had some beautiful Portobello Mushrooms and decided to grill them with this Vinaigrette. They were super yum!
This dressing is terrific on a salad or as a marinade for vegetables, meat or chicken.
The vinaigrette originally comes from Michele Anna Jordan’s Vinaigrettes and Other Dressings cookbook. The shallots and garlic, along with the honey, make this salad dressing nearly irresistible. I mince my shallots using a garlic press, which makes it very easy.
I absolutely love it over Portobello Mushrooms. (For an even easier option, try Simple Balsamic Vinaigrette.)
Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing Recipe
A robust vinaigrette to use on salads or as a marinade.
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- ½ teaspoon anchovy paste (omit for vegan)
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (or any combination of oregano, basil and thyme)
- Sea salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Whisk all of the ingredients in a small bowl or measuring cup.
Use immediately or refrigerate, covered, up to a week.
- To use on grilled Portobello mushrooms or other veggies, simply drizzle over the vegetables and grill for about 5-6 minutes a side. Amazing!
Note: Many of the links included throughout Recipe Idea Shop are affiliate links, which means if you follow them and you buy something, we will get a small commission. It doesn’t cost you a penny more, and you can still use your Amazon Prime (Shop Amazon — Give the Gift of Amazon Prime) account to buy. Don and I love our Amazon Prime account. This posting includes affiliate links.
Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing Nutrition
WHAT’S NOT TO LOVE?
Trust me, you’re gonna love this recipe. But don’t stop there…subscribe to our email newsletter and get a free cookbook.
Pin & Share!
Please Pin and share our recipes. And tell us what you think in the comments.
You May Also Like These Recipes From Recipe Idea Shop
- Simple Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Basil French Dressing
- Easy Russian Dressing
- Olive Oil Lemon Honey Salad Dressing
- Caesar Salad Dressing
- Vinegar Dressing for Bitter Lettuce